Tricia Manning – How to lead with heart and leave a legacy. Brought to you by Masterworks (https://masterworks.io use code passion to start).
Tricia Manning (@tricia_whitecapcoaching) is an author, certified coach, and former global business leader having reached the c-suite as only one of two female executives at the table. After facing an unexpected health crisis in 2016, Tricia made the difficult decision to end her 25-year corporate career but wasn’t ready to stop helping others. With a passion for growing strong leaders and fighting for gender diversity in the boardroom, she began her own coaching practice and wrote the book, Lead with Heart and Leave a Legacy.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss With Tricia Manning
Tricia Manning joins us to discuss her book Lead with Heart and Leave a Legacy, where she delivers a master class on how to be intentional in your “how,” engaging others as you lead.
- How she embarked on her 25-year career moving up the ranks to the C-Level at Catalina Marketing and what inspired her to stay.
- What it was like being part of a high-growth startup during a time of tremendous expansion.
- We discuss her book Lead With Heart, Leave a Legacy.
- Why it is so vital to lead with heart when undertaking a company’s transformation.
- The health scare that caused her to look at her life in a completely different way.
- How she redefined success for herself and is now coaching her clients on how to do the same.
- Why it is so important to ask who are you instead of what do you do.
- Why the opportunity now is to stop compartmentalizing to stop leaving parts of you at the office door and practice being ok showing up as your whole self.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
More About How to Lead with Heart and leave a Legacy with Tricia Manning
During our interview on Passion Struck, I asked Tricia Manning about how she learned to lead with heart.
Tricia explains, “I remember just that moment. I’m a member of the executive team. I’m sitting around the table with my peers. And we had Bain consulting come in and it was the second time we had spent many, many millions of dollars to have a consulting firm come in and tell us what we were doing wrong. And I’ll never forget it because it was the first time we had a consultant sit in a room with this executive team and say, ‘Guys, what you’re trying to do, only five to 8% of companies will ever succeed.
That’s not because of the technology and it’s not because of the strategy. It is truly because you aren’t finding a way to go deep in the organization to engage the hearts and minds of the people to be able to make the shift. And that was really an awakening for me. And it became about the ability of the leadership to engage all the way down to the frontline and get everybody on board to actually make that transformation and that shift and their work.
So there were a lot of learnings for me around that, I would tell you, that was really hard work in my lifetime at Catalina. We weren’t successful when I left the organization 11 months later, they filed for bankruptcy. So there’s something to really be said about the people being your biggest asset and your biggest enabler for transformation and for change.
Thanks, Tricia Manning!
If you enjoyed this interview with Tricia Manning, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout on Instagram or Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
Resources From The Show Tricia Manning
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Website: https://triciamanning.com/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tricia_whitecapcoaching/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/triciamanning_
* My interview with Vice Admiral Ted Carter
* My interview with Navy Seal and Astronaut Chris Cassidy
* My interview with Rear Admiral Tim Gallaudet
* My interview with astronaut Captain Wendy Lawrence
* My interview with Navy Seal Mark Divine
* My interview with Gretchen Rubin about knowing yourself
* My interview with Dr. Michelle Segar on her new book “The Joy Choice”
* My most recent solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality and how to boost its performance
*My Solo episode on work-life balance: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7AZksXySbYVoMPMuma5DpB?si=_VPv5sn3QBCq2pYVh-LXkg
*Solo episode on overcoming burnout: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5keAXxjRs3Q8NKZYWBlPXS?si=N-nf0iQjThSzgsCAutPVPA
*Solo episode on how you stop living in fear: https://passionstruck.com/how-do-you-stop-living-in-fear/
About Today’s Guest Tricia Manning
Tricia Manning is a certified executive coach and has been a student of human behavior all of her life. At the age of 5 years old, her father was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and her mom became full-time caregiver and breadwinner. This early experience influenced Tricia’s values, beliefs, and style as she rose through the ranks in corporate America to become 1 of only 2 women on the executive leadership team. In 2016, Tricia faced an unexpected health crisis. She made the difficult decision to end her corporate career but wasn’t ready to stop helping others. With a passion to grow strong leaders and fight for gender diversity in the boardroom, she began her own coaching practice.
Her unique corporate background gives her a clear understanding of the personal and professional challenges that senior business leaders face today. She brings real-life expertise around talent, culture and leadership to every coaching engagement and is committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations accelerate performance.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. A show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.