John R. Miles – Why Your Brain Dictates Your Reality and 5 Ways to Boost It. | Brought to you by Trade Coffee (https://drinktrade.com/passionstruck) and Babbel (https://babbel.com/passionstruck).
How to build a brain you will cherish
In this episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I use the true story of Phineas Gage to illustrate the remarkable resiliency of the brain which functions as a big computer. Every day of your life, your brain produces hundreds of choices that shape your perception of the world. The brain processes information that it receives from our five senses and sends information back to the body.
These choices govern our every thought and action, from what to eat, what to wear, whether to pick up a call, what career path to choose, etc. The brain-wide fights for dominance that rage in your skull every second of your life give rise to who you are. However, the brain is much more complex than a machine. It is the root of human intelligence and that is why your brain dictates your reality.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Let’s dive in!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores How Your Brain Dictates Your Reality Through the Fascinating Story of Phineas Gage
- Why your brain dictates your reality
- The story of Phineas Gage and its impact on brain research
- Five ways to re-wire the brain for peak performance?
- The impact of diet on a healthy brain
- The impact of exercise on brain performance
- The impact of music on brain performance
- The impact of sleep on brain performance
- The impact of meditation on brain performance
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
Elevate your coffee ritual at Trade Coffee with sustainably sourced coffee delivered fresh from 50+ roasters. We’ll help you brew a better cup of coffee at home. 5 Million+ Bags Shipped. Get a total of $30 off your first order plus free shipping when you go to drinktrade.com/passionstruck.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
Babbel is the new way to learn a foreign language. The comprehensive learning system combines effective education methods with state-of-the-art technology.
Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From the Show on How Your Brain Dictates Your Reality
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Questions that you and your friends or family members can discuss about this episode:
- Discuss with your friends and families the complexity of the brain.
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of Phineas Gage?
- What can you learn about the brain from Gage’s story?
- What is the most fascinating thing about the brain?
- What steps will you stake after hearing today’s episode to change your behavior and choices?
Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out here.
* My interview with Gretchen Rubin: https://passionstruck.com/gretchen-rubin-the-key-to-happiness/
* My interview with former Dr. Michelle Segar: https://passionstruck.com/dr-michelle-segar-the-joy-choice/
* My interview with David Vago on Meditation: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
* Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
* John explains why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
* Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
* Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
* How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck