Are you living your life with joy as your compass? Joy is a blessing that actually allows us to steer our lives to what matters most and moves us away from distractions that vie for our attention. Joy lets us self-reflect and uncovers the most important people and things in our lives. Living with joy as our compass allows us to forgo the ego, pride, fear, or sense of scarcity that often gets in the way of life’s meaning.
I am currently reading The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell, and one of my favorite quotes from him is, “find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the “pain.”
And, I think there is so much truth in that quote. When you use joy as your compass, it may not always guide you to the most comfortable, popular, or painless decisions. The power of Joy is more profound than that. You can transcend to places where life can happen intentionally through joy, and you can become the best version of yourself.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Joy as Your Compass.
- I discuss why when you use joy as your compass, it helps unlock a life where you can live intentionally in pursuit of becoming your best self.
- I go into the story of Kristen Jane Anderson and how she overcomes personal trajedy and how joy leads her out of it.
- I unpack eight steps you can take in your own life, like Kriste, to live by joy as your compass. .
- Why you need to focus entirely on the little steps forward, and build successively on each, while trying your best not to keep looking back at the past.
- How to use this information to apply joy as your compass in your life and create a joyful life.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Have You Tried Nutrafol?
80 Million Americans (both men and women) experience thinning hair. It’s common- even normal, but it’s not openly discussed, so going through it can feel lonely and frustrating. It’s time to change the conversation and join the thousands of people standing up for their strands with Nutrafol. You can grow thicker, healthier hair AND support our show by going to www.Nutrafol.com and using promo code PASSIONSTRUCK to save FIFTEEN DOLLARS OFF your first month’s subscription – this is their BEST OFFER available ANYWHERE, and it’s only available to US customers for a limited time.
Have You Tried Grammarly?
Grammarly is more than a spelling and grammar checker. It’s an all-in-one writing tool that allows you to clearly and effectively communicate your ideas—being clear and assertive in your emails. Persuade your audience with a confident and polished tone with Grammarly Premium’s tone adjustments, which suggest more decisive phrases and word choices. Go to grammarly.com/PASSIONSTRUCK to sign up for a free account! And when you’re ready to upgrade to Grammarly Premium, get 20% off for being my listener.
4x4x48 Challenge In Support Of Special Forces And Veteran Non-Profits
We have an exciting and important announcement. My friend, retired Green Beret Andrew Marr, and his brother Adam Marr (Army Apache Pilot) asked me to sponsor, fundraise, and participate in this year’s 4x4x48 challenge. This challenge is a cause near and dear to my heart as I am one of the veterans that these organizations have helped overcome my struggles with mental health and the long-term impact of Traumatic Brain Injury. If you are interested in supporting our efforts, please go to: https://give.warriorangelsfoundation.org/team/400731.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:38 Why joy is your compass
- 2:50 Grammarly and Nutrafol
- 5:50 Story of Kristen Jane Anderson
- 9:14 Taking steps to growth
- 13:34 How to overcome obstacles through Joy
- 15:51 Living a joyful life
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON USING JOY AS YOUR COMPASS
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell
* The American Paradox: Spiritual Hunger in an Age of Plenty by David G. Myers
* Towards a Psychology of Being by Abraham Maslow
Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses where you invest your love; you invest your life in Episode 104
John Explains how to become our best authentic selves and what is getting its way in episode 88.
Is the Hustle Culture is Making You Miserable? John explores this in-depth in Episode 70.
Suppose you missed our interview with Lily Walford on creating compatible love. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content.
John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, author, and named to the ComputerWorld Premier 100 IT Leaders. John is the host of the #PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn their lessons to living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283