You have a boss who expects you to work the same hours or more hours than they put in if you desire success. You feel the hustle culture’s toll on you, and you don’t know how to escape the constant pressure. It is a critical topic that John R. Miles considers to be one of the main culprits plaguing over 85% of the world’s workers into becoming disengaged and complacent in their jobs.
He discusses the hustle culture, why it is toxic, and, more importantly, what you can do to break out of it. He also researched that 55 hours or more a week creates a 35% higher risk of stroke and a 17% higher risk of dying from heart disease.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Momentum Friday, John Discusses Why Hustle Culture Is Toxic:
- Why do the majority of people believe that not hustling symbolizes weakness?
- How social media and many well known influencers like Gary Vee and entrepreneurs like Elon Musk give toxic advice that the hustle culture is the only way to get ahead.
- Why proponents of the hustle culture believe that only through long hours is the only way to get ahead and earn respect.
- Why CEOs because of their insecurities can unknowingly create a hustle culture within their organizations.
- How the hustle culture is fueled by greed and makes one’s life miserable.
- How social media glamorizes the hustle culture and tricks you into believing it is the path that you have to take.
- The hustle culture creates an illusion of equivalent exchange that researches have proven is a fallacy.
- Why the harmful effects caused by hustle culture are unimaginable if they were counted.
- and so much more!!!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. For existing listeners, you can also browse starter packs to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
Resources From This Episode
- CUNY Huslte Culture Report and Its Impact on Our Workforce
- Hustle Culture and the Burnout Generation
- Why the Hustle Culture is Killing 745,000 people a year
Miss our interview with Mark Divine, a former Navy SEAL, author, and founder of Unbeatable Mind and SealFit? Catch up with episode 65: Mark Divine | How to Live a Life of Excellence!
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
* Speaking: https://johnrmiles.com/speaking-business-transformation/
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283