Over the past several weeks, I have interviewed several guests on the Passion Struck podcast who have experienced the consequences of abuse and neglect. These include my recent interviews with Kara Robinson Chamberlain, who was kidnapped by a serial killer and sexually abused. Carrington Smith, who was emotionally abused and neglected for years by her parents and sexually abused while she was in college. I also interviewed Rabbi Avremi Zippel, who was sexually abused for ten years during childhood. I created this podcast to bring more awareness to how to heal from abuse and face the future with hope.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores The Consequences of Abuse and How to Heal From It
Like the stories of Kara Robinson Chamberlain, Carrington Smith, and Avremi Zipel, many people go through life with profound, unhealed impairments they’ve suffered from prior traumatic experiences caused by abuse. Abuse is a widespread issue that has touched and still touches many people, both children, and adults. But, you will also hear that victims experience hope following the abuse and rediscover purpose as they recover from it.
We will discuss critical aspects of trauma and abuse awareness and, more importantly, dive into five tips for how a victim can pursue healing.
- Experiencing deep, unhealed consequences of abuse
- The forms of abuse
- Why does abuse happen?
- How common are the consequences of abuse?
- Consequences of abuse on the victims
- Dos and don’ts for handling an abusive situation
- Five ways to heal from the consequences of abuse
- Give yourself the time and grace to heal
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- How do people find hope after experiencing the consequences of abuse?
- How prevalent is abuse in the U.S. and worldwide?
- Why is abuse never the victim’s fault?
- Why should you not bury your emotions around past trauma?
- What are the different types of abuse?
- Why is the way we approach our healing and the choices we make so important?
- What are your key takeaways from today’s episode?
- How can you apply them to your life?
- What have you learned about overcoming the consequences of abuse?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
Thank You, Masterworks, For Sponsoring.
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks, the first platform for buying and selling shares representing an investment in iconic artwork. Invest in Fractional Shares in Art Earn a Return when the Art Sells. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code PASSION.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On The Consequences of Abuse and How to Heal From It
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/how-to-heal-the-shattering-consequences-of-abuse/
- If you require help and want to speak to someone about your experience, try these resources:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- National Dating Abuse Hotline
- Pathways to Safety International
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Casa de Esperanza (Spanish-speaking hotline)
- National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center
- Asian and Pacific Islander Institute on Domestic Violence
- The National Center on Violence Against Women in the Black Community
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- I interviewed Kara Robinson Chamberlain on how you heal after surviving a kidnapping by a serial killer: https://passionstruck.com/kara-robinson-chamberlain-be-vigilant/
- I interviewed Carrington Smith on why defining moments do not define you: https://passionstruck.com/carrington-smith-moments-that-define-us/
- I interviewed Dr. David Vago on how to use meditation and mindfulness practice to heal the mind and body: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
- I interviewed Jesse Gould about using psychedelics to heal past trauma: https://youtu.be/8xUsC5llKyk
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
- My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/:
- My solo episode on the benefits of meditation: https://passionstruck.com/benefits-of-meditation-transforming-mind-body/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder of PASSION STRUCK®, the first of its kind company, focused on impacting real change by teaching people how to live Intentionally. He is on a mission to help people live a no-regrets life that exalts their victories and lets them know they matter in the world. For over two decades, he built his own career applying his research of passion struck leadership, first becoming a Fortune 50 CIO and then a multi-industry CEO. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and author.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck