The ancient practice of meditation is as pertinent today as it was two millennia ago when it was discovered. Amid the turmoil of life, we all could use the scientific benefits of meditation which provides a simple yet effective and convenient way to relax your body, calm your mind, and find inner peace amongst the chaos.
Meditation allows one to observe the mind and still our thoughts, letting the mind perform at its highest levels. As Jeff Warren expressed, “Meditation forces you into a direct collision with a fundamental fact of life that is not often pointed out to us: we all have a voice in our heads.”
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores The Benefits of Meditation
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, you are likely fascinated by the benefits of meditation. In today’s episode, I will be enlightening you on how the power of meditation can be effectively harnessed for transcending the limitations of self and how it can positively influence our minds and bodies to get into their best states. I do this through the story of former journalist Dan Harris.
- Why Navy SEALs practice meditation
- The meditation and mindfulness journey of Dan Harris
- What is meditation?
- How do you learn to meditate?
- The types of meditation
- The Ten scientific benefits of meditation
- Why meditation needs to be experienced and not just learned.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- How do elite special forces operators utilize meditation and mindfulness?
- Why is meditation a difficult topic for people to grasp?
- What were the things that Dan Harris learned about the benefits of meditation?
- What are some of the different forms of meditation?
- Who are some of the leading meditation practitioners in the world?
- What are your key takeaways on how to meditate?
- How can you apply the ten powerful benefits of meditation?
- What three things can you do to alter how you approach meditating?
- What steps will you take after hearing today’s episode to change your approach to handling stress?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On The Benefits of Meditation
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/10-benefits-of-meditation/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My interview with David Yaden Ph.D. on Self-Transcendence, Psychedelics, and Behavior Change: https://passionstruck.com/david-yaden-on-self-transcendence-experiences/
- My interview with Dave Vago, Ph.D. on How To Experience Personal Growth And Awakening Through Meditation And Meta Awareness: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
- My interview with former Navy SEAL Mark Divine on the power of meditation: https://passionstruck.com/mark-divine-living-a-life-of-excellence/
- My solo episode on how you can transform your brain: https://youtu.be/Fkrth4tVyFs
- How meditation can help with chronic illness: https://youtu.be/h9usYovHrCY
- My interview with Jeff Walker on the power of meditation: https://youtu.be/pAIQsNn9moQ
- Mastering Mediation: https://amzn.to/3AD7sKm (Amazon link)
- Practicing Meditation: https://amzn.to/3Rc74bL (Amazon link)
- Lifespan: Why We Age and Why We Don’t Have to By David Sinclair Ph.D.
- Younger You: Reduce Your Bio Age And Live Longer, Better by Dr. Kara Firzgerald
- Research from the Babraham Institute on reverse aging, a life sciences research organization in Cambridge
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283