Carrington Smith and I discuss why we all have moments that define us on the Passion Struck podcast.
Carrington Smith is a single mom, attorney, business owner, and executive search professional. In her debut best-selling memoir, Blooming, Carrington combines wit and wisdom to share her journey through the shit of life to a life bursting with joy, opportunity, and purpose.
* Purchase a copy of Carrington’s book Blooming: https://amzn.to/3P0tGdE (Amazon link)
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
I discuss why we all have moments that define us with Carrington Smith in this episode of the Passion Struck Podcast.
Carrington Smith joins the Passion Struck podcast to discuss why we should start with the end in mind and the importance of the micro-choices in our life. We discuss how the stories that we tell ourselves and how we choose to view events in our lives determine our outcomes. It’s those defining moments that matter.
- How Carrington’s inability to meet her family’s expectations impacted her life.
- How her father played mind games with her and her sister.
- How our character is built through the sh*t in life.
- Her trauma in College forever altered her life.
- How did her friends and family respond to the event?
- Why do we all have moments that define us?
- How her family upbringing made her feel like she was an imposter as she got older.
- The importance of life’s micro choices in determining our destiny.
- How she found herself lost in the wilderness and her steps to get out of it.
- Why we should begin with the end in mind.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
More from my interview with Carrington Smith about the moments that define us
During our interview, I asked Carrington Smith why our everyday micro choices determine the moments that define us?
Carrington explains, “You’re choosing joy. At every moment, you have a choice about what I will do with this—choosing kindness over anger. Choosing empathy it’s choosing humor; that’s one of the most for me, I always try to choose humor. I could find humor in anything. It’s maybe a little twisted. But it’s been an excellent tool for me when something really sucks. If I can make it funny, it’s so much better. It just helps. At least when you’re going through it.
And sometimes we don’t know at that moment that this is going to be positive. It just sucks at that moment. I really want people to see if you’re going through something that’s horrible. You know what, feel it, embrace it, don’t suppress it, but also deal with it, don’t wade in it. So I think that’s what I preached, so to speak, is that I really believe there are two types of people.
I mean, we all have crap that happens to us. Some people love to wade in it, and just like stir it up and cause drama, and you’re like all about what’s been done to them, and all these horrible things that have happened to them. And there are those of us who take what’s happened to us and find the positive in it; we’ll see how we can claim what we learned from that experience, the traits that make us stronger and use it to move us forward. And I really kind of believe there are two different groups of people. And it comes down to mindset and those micro choices.
Thanks, Carrington Smith!
If you enjoyed this interview with Carrington Smith, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout on Twitter or Instagram:
Click here to thank Carrington Smith on Instagram!
Click here to thank Carrington Smith on Twitter!
Click here to let John R. Miles know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]
Resources From The Show With Dr. Sara Mednick
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Website: https://www.carrington-smith.com/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarringtonATX
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carringtonatx/
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarringtonATX
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carriesmithtrabue/
* My interview with Sara Mednick Ph.D. on the power of the downstate and its impact on performance and health: https://passionstruck.com/sara-mednick-recharge-your-brain-body/
* My interview with Katy Milkman Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
* My interview with David Yaden Ph.D. on self-transcendence, psychedelics, and behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/david-yaden-on-self-transcendence-experiences/
* My interview with Michael Slepian Ph.D.: https://passionstruck.com/michael-slepian-the-secret-life-of-secrets/
* My interview with Admiral Sandy Stosz on how to lead in unchartered waters: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-sandy-stosz-leader-with-moral-courage/
* My solo episode on the ten benefits of meditation: https://passionstruck.com/benefits-of-meditation-transforming-mind-body/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
About Today Guest Carrington Smith
Carrington Smith is a single mom, attorney, business owner, and executive search professional. Despite being born with a silver spoon in her mouth, life gave her a hard kick in the tail. She has survived sexual assault, two divorces, piles of debt, abuse, religious mind games, the death of loved ones, and the loss of close friends.
In her debut best-selling memoir, Carrington combines wit and wisdom to share her journey through the shit, with a positive attitude and a shift of mindset, into a life bursting with joy, opportunity, and purpose. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and Tulane Law School, Carrington resides in Austin, Texas, with her two teenage boys.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. A show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the woworld’sost inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.