John R. Miles – why your micro choices determine your life. | Brought to you by Masterworks – Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start your journey.
If you found this podcast episode, you are likely searching for how to make changes to how you are living your life. And, you may wonder if it is even possible to change. As I explain on the podcast, yes—creating positive change is always possible if you are intentional about it.
What are micro choices?
Micro choices are any of the decisions that you make every second of every day that you are often unaware of but shape the course of your life and, therefore, your reality most strongly. It is the tiny actions we undertake from a starting point to reach our immediate objective, and it is these day-to-day micro choices that ultimately shape our lives.
To illustrate the micro choice concept more clearly, I will use the story of investment manager, speaker, lecturer, and Guinness World Record holder Stephen Duneier and how he applied intentionality and the power of micro choices to alter his decision-making approach.
And in case you didn’t already know it, I (@john_r_miles) take your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why Your Micro Choices Determine Your Life
- Why habits are the sum total of our daily choices
- How Stephen Duneier discovered micro choices and their power
- The importance of micro choices to living an intentional life
- Hindrances to the effectiveness of micro choices and how to tackle them
- Why do micro choices determine the course of our lives?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Discussion Questions Your Friends and Family Members Can Address Concerning Today’s Episode
- Why today is a lot of emphases placed on big decisions but not the choices that determine our reality?
- Are you in the habit of having trouble pursuing your goals? Why?
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of Stephen Duneier?
- What can you learn about the power of micro choices?
- What is the most fascinating thing about them?
- What are hindrances that get in the way of your daily choices?
- What are three things you can do to alter your daily choices?
- What steps will you take after hearing today’s episode to change your approach to going after your most significant goals?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On Why You Must Feel To Find Emotional Fealing
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/what-is-the-importance-of-our-daily-micro-choices/
- My episode on why you should never believe a prediction that doesn’t ignite you: https://passionstruck.com/never-believe-a-prediction-that-doesnt-ignite-you/
- My interview with Jordan Harbinger on Why Legacy is Greater Than Currency: https://passionstruck.com/jordan-harbinger-on-why-building-your-legacy-is-greater-than-currency/
- My interview with Admiral James Stavridis on To Risk it All: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-james-stavridis-to-risk-it-all/
- My interview with Kegan Gill on how to not just survive in life but thrive: https://passionstruck.com/kegan-gill-on-how-to-thrive-in-life/
- My interview with Gretchen Rubin: https://passionstruck.com/gretchen-rubin-the-key-to-happiness/
- My interview with former Dr. Michelle Segar: https://passionstruck.com/dr-michelle-segar-the-joy-choice/
- My interview with David Vago on Meditation: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
- Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283