In this episode, host John R. Miles interviews Forrest Galante, an adventurer, wildlife biologist, and host of Shark Week. Forrest shares his journey from growing up on a farm in Zimbabwe to becoming a passionate advocate for wildlife conservation. He discusses the challenges and risks he has faced in his career, including searching for extinct animals and encountering dangerous predators. Forrest is the author of “Still Alive: A Wild Life of Rediscovery.“
Forrest emphasizes the importance of taking calculated risks and staying focused on one’s goals, even in the face of fear and adversity. He also highlights the significance of surrounding oneself with like-minded individuals and staying true to one’s core values. The episode showcases Forrest’s incredible adventures and his dedication to making a lasting impact on the natural world.
Want to learn the 12 philosophies that the most successful people use to create a limitless life? Order John R. Miles’s new book, Passion Struck: Twelve Powerful Principles to Unlock Your Purpose and Ignite Your Most Intentional Life.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@John_R_Miles) takes your comments and questions for Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want him to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now, let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
Exploring the Edge of Extinction with Forrest Galante: The Race to Save Disappearing Species
Forrest Galante, a wildlife biologist and conservationist, shares his inspiring journey of pursuing his dreams against all odds. Despite facing fear, uncertainty, and financial struggles, Forrest has created a successful career in wildlife communication and conservation.
Forrest also talks about his TV shows, such as “Extinct or Alive” and “Face the Beast,” where he searches for extinct animals and investigates mysterious animal attacks. Overall, it offers valuable lessons and inspiration for anyone looking to pursue their dreams and positively impact the world.
Here are some key takeaways from his story:
- Confront Fear: Forrest believes that bravery is not the absence of fear but rather being scared of something and doing it anyway. He encourages individuals to take calculated risks and be willing to face their fears to pursue their passions.
- Be Laser-Focused: To achieve success, Forrest emphasizes the importance of being laser-focused and giving 100% of your time, energy, and effort to your goals. He believes that if you are not fully committed, you may do something you don’t truly want to do.
- Surround Yourself with Like-Minded People: Forrest advises surrounding yourself with people who share similar aspirations and passions. Having a supportive network of individuals who understand and support your goals can provide motivation and inspiration.
- Embrace Intentionality: Forrest stresses the significance of aligning your actions with your core values and long-term goals. By being intentional in your pursuits, you can stay true to yourself and make meaningful progress towards your dreams.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR FEATURED RESOURCES
Thank You, Cozy Earth, For Sponsoring
Cozy Earth provided an exclusive offer for my listeners today. 35% off site-wide when you use the code “PASSIONSTRUCK at cozyearth.com.
Cozy Earth offers luxury bedding and loungewear known for its incredible softness and temperature regulation.
Thank You, Function Health, For Sponsoring
This episode is brought to you by FunctionHealth. Take control of your health. Visit FunctionHealth.com today. Use code PASSIONSTRUCK to skip the nearly 100,000-person waitlist
Thank You, BetterHelp, For Sponsoring
This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at https://www.betterhelp.com/PASSIONSTRUCK, and get on your way to being your best self.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal mastery.
Navigating the Wild World of Television: Forrest Galante’s Journey to Producing Quality Shows
Forrest Galante’s path to success in producing quality television shows has been as adventurous and unpredictable as his expeditions into the wild. Starting out as a wildlife biologist with a passion for exploration, Forrest found himself drawn to the world of television as a means to share his experiences and promote wildlife conservation on a broader scale.
In the early stages of his television career, Forrest encountered numerous challenges, including navigating the complex dynamics of working with producers and networks. Despite facing skepticism and resistance from traditional media outlets, Forrest remained steadfast in his commitment to producing authentic and compelling content.
One of the key lessons Forrest learned during this time was the importance of maintaining creative control and staying true to his vision. While working with producers and networks, Forrest advocated for the integrity of his projects, ensuring that they accurately reflected his passion for wildlife conservation and exploration.
As Forrest continued to hone his skills as a television presenter and producer, he recognized the limitations of traditional media formats and the need for more creative freedom. Fueled by his entrepreneurial spirit, Forrest took matters into his own hands and sought alternative avenues to share his content.
This journey led Forrest to launch his own successful YouTube channel, where he could produce and distribute content independently, free from the constraints of traditional media. By funding his projects and building a loyal audience directly, Forrest regained control over his creative process and amplified his impact in promoting wildlife conservation.
Through his experiences producing quality shows and navigating the television industry, Forrest has learned valuable lessons about perseverance, creative autonomy, and embracing new opportunities. Today, he continues to inspire audiences worldwide with his captivating adventures and unwavering dedication to protecting our planet’s most precious ecosystems.
THANKS, FORREST GALANTE
If you enjoyed this interview with Forrest Galante, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout on Instagram:
If you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW WITH FORREST GALANTE
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Website: https://www.forrestgalante.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forrest.galante/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/ForrestGalante?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ForrestGalante?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- BUY Forrest Galante’s book: https://amzn.to/3SNU4Mn
- Passion Struck Core Value System: https://passionstruck.com/the-passion-struck-core-belief-system/
- Listen to Passion Struck’s interviews with New York Times bestselling authors Gretchen Rubin and Seth Godin.
- Check out Passion Struck’s Episode Starter Packs on Spotify or Passion Struck starter packs to get started with the podcast.
- Want to learn the 12 philosophies that the most successful people use to create a limitless life? Pre-order John R. Miles’s new book, Passion Struck, which will be released on February 6, 2024.
Catch my episode with Navy SEAL Dan O’Shea On Escaping Afghanistan: How A Navy SEAL Saved A Family Of Fourteen: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
Listen to my interview with Michelle Curran On How To Conquer Your Upside Down Dreams: https://passionstruck.com/michelle-curran-conquer-your-upside-down-dreams/
Listen to my interview with William Branum On Why Transition Points Are Vital To Success: https://passionstruck.com/william-branum-why-transition-points-are-vital/
Catch my interview with Katie (Higgins) Cook On Becoming The First Female Blue Angels Pilot: https://passionstruck.com/katie-higgins-cook-female-blue-angels-pilot/
About Today’s Guest, Forrest Galante
Forrest Galante is a renowned wildlife biologist, conservationist, and television personality, best known for his captivating expeditions in search of rare and elusive species. With a passion for adventure and a commitment to wildlife conservation, Forrest has dedicated his life to exploring the world’s most remote and endangered ecosystems.
Through his groundbreaking work, he has uncovered numerous extinct or critically endangered species, shedding light on the importance of preserving biodiversity.
Forrest’s dynamic personality and fearless approach to exploration have earned him recognition as one of the leading figures in wildlife conservation and exploration.
Follow John R. Miles On Social
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles