Dandapani joins me on Passion Struck with John R. Miles to discuss his new book, The Power of Unwavering Focus. We discuss how to harness the power of the mind, create a purpose-focused life and overcome worry, anxiety, and fear.
Dandapani is a Hindu priest, entrepreneur, and former monk of 10 years. A highly sought-after international speaker and leading expert on leveraging the human mind and the power of focus to create a life of purpose and joy. His TEDx talk has over 6.2 million views, and his GoalCast videos garnered over 75 million views in just five months. He is the author of the new book The Power of Unwavering Focus.
-►Purchase The Power of Unwavering Focus: https://amzn.to/3xnLWai (Amazon Link)
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Episode, Dandapani and I Discuss His New Book, the Power of Unwavering Focus:
Hindu priest and spiritual leader Dandapani understands what’s preventing so many people from living a rewarding life. Through inner reflection, awareness, and the power of unwavering focus, he’s connected the dots between creating healthy habits and living a purpose-focused life. On this episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, Danapani explains why learning to harness the power of the mind is the only way to achieve the potential of fulfillment, joy, and self-actualization.
- What Dandapani learned from his guru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
- The retreat he is building at Siva Ashram in Costa Rica
- Why life is finite, not short
- The three biggest secrets kept by monks
- Why focus needs to go hand in hand with our purpose
- Dandapani shares his philosophy on why we are what we practice
- Why do most people practice distraction and thus become masters of distraction?
- The difference between the mind and awareness
- Learning the power of small and harnessing the power of your mind
- How we learn the power of unwavering focus
- How to build concentration, willpower, and mastery of awareness into your days.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, Dry Farm Wines, For Sponsoring
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines, which Have No Chemical Additives for Aroma, Color, Flavor, or Texture Enhancement. Dry Farm Wines – The Only Natural Wine Club That Goes Above and Beyond Industry Standards. For Passion Struck listeners: Dry Farm Wines offers an extra bottle in your first box for a penny (because it’s alcohol, it can’t be free). See all the details and collect your wine at https://www.dryfarmwines.com/passionstruck/.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
Thank You, Indeed, For Sponsoring
With Indeed, you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more. Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
More From My Interview With Dandapani on How to Harness the Power of Your Mind
During the Passion Struck podcast interview, I asked Dandapani the difference between the conscious, subconscious, and superconscious minds.
Dandapani explains, “If we talked about the mind being about space: if you were to look at it in three phases, or three states, the conscious mind, which is the instinctive mind is one state of mind. The second state of mind is the intellectual mind, the subconscious. And then the third state of mind is the superconscious, the intuitive area of the mind, or the creative spiritual area of the mind, at any given time.
Your awareness can be in one of these states of mind at any point in time. So if you’re in the instinctive area, which is the conscious mind, then you are the animal nature of the mind. Either you’re thinking of eating, sleeping, or procreating, that’s the state of mind. If you’re in the subconscious, you’re the intellectual area of the mind, could be having intellectual conversations, you could be engaged with a memory from the past as well, reliving an experience you had 20 years ago. That’s the subconscious.
And then, if you’re in the intuitive air of the mind, the superconscious area of the mind, you could be in the creative, spiritual, intuitive air of the mind. Not one is better than the other. Ultimately, it comes down to what you want in life and your ability to move awareness within the mind and choose which of these states of mind you want to function on a day-to-day basis.
For the life that I want to live. Being the superconscious air of the mind sells me the best if I was on the debate team. Still, I might want to be in the intellectual area of the mind because then I could have intellectual debates endlessly to help the team with the next debate competition.”
If you enjoyed this interview with Dandapani, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout on Instagram:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
Resources From The Show With Dandapani
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Unwavering focus course: https://dandapani.org/unwavering-focus/
- Learn to harness your energy: https://dandapani.org/the-energy-alchemist-part-1/
- Website: https://dandapani.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dandapanillc/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DandapaniLLC
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/dandapanillc
- My solo episode on Understanding the Value of Time: https://passionstruck.com/value-of-time-wisdom-of-the-stoics/
- My interview with Seth Godin on why we need systems change to save the planet and address climate change: https://passionstruck.com/seth-godin-we-need-systems-change-save-planet/.
- My interview with Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman and Dr. Jordan Feingold on Choosing Growth and transcending self-doubt, fear, and anxiety: https://passionstruck.com/jordyn-feingold-scott-barry-kaufman-chose-growth/
- My interview with Dr. Ayelet Fishbach on how you get things done through the science of motivation: https://passionstruck.com/ayelet-fishbach-get-it-done-find-the-fun-path/
- My interview with Dr. Katy Milkman on the behavior science behind how we change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
- My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
About Today’s Guest Dandapani
Dandapani is an internationally renowned and highly sought-after speaker who revolutionizes the business world with his practical and straightforward systematic approach to balancing work/life challenges. His talks offer attendees an understanding of how the mind works so they can create sustainable changes in their personal and professional lives. He delivers keynote addresses all over the world and also presents half-day and full-day workshops.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JJohn’slatest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com