In today’s Momentum Friday episode of Passion Struck, I share with you 8 highly effective ways to become and stay motivated. These tips will change your life and help you reach your goals. If you’re struggling to find the motivation to pursue your goals, this episode is for you.
Whether you’re a student, athlete, or entrepreneur, finding motivation can be a challenge. Our ability to stay motivated is essential to success, and these 8 methods will help you overcome any obstacles you face. Leveraging the science of motivation from the gradient effect to loss aversion to the empathy gap, these techniques will help you stay motivated and reach your goals!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss In This Episode On the Ways to Stay motivated and the science of motivation
In this week’s Momentum Friday episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I explore the science of motivation and how to become and stay motivated. Finding motivation can be challenging whether you’re a student, athlete, soldier, leader, or entrepreneur. Our ability to stay motivated is essential to success, yet it can be tricky to tackle. Sometimes I find it really easy to get motivated, and I feel like I am heading downhill. Other times, I find it nearly impossible to stay motivated and become trapped in the zone of perseverance. This episode focuses on the best ideas, the most helpful research, and my own tips on how to become and stay motivated.
- What is the definition of motivated
- Why do we fail to stay motivated?
- What is the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, and which is better?
- What drives us to stay motivated
- How to use incentives and rewards for better results
- How to sustain motivation
- The science of motivation: the Goldilocks Principle, Goal Gradient Effect, and the Empathy Gap
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss About How to Stay Motivated
- How do you better understand the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation?
- Why do we fail to stay motivated?
- What are the keys to maintaining motivation
- What is the Goldilocks Principle?
- Which one of the ways to stay motivated will you put into practice?
- How will you apply today’s episode to your life?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, InsideTracker, For Sponsoring
InsideTracker is the ultra-personalized performance system that analyzes biomarker data from your blood, DNA, lifestyle, and fitness tracker to help you optimize your body and reach your health & wellness goals. For a limited time, get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store.
Thank You, Indeed, For Sponsoring
With Indeed, you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more. Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place.
Thank You, Masterclass, For Sponsoring
MasterClass is an education subscription platform on which students can access tutorials and lectures pre-recorded by experts in various fields taught by over 150 experts, including Daniel Pink, Malcolm Gladwell, Steph Curry, and many more. This holiday, give one annual membership and get one free! Go to MASTERCLASS dot com slash PASSIONSTRUCK today.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On ways to stay motivated
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Transcript from the episode: https://johnrmiles.com/8-ways-to-become-and-stay-motivated/
- Get It Done by Dr. Ayelet Fishback: https://amzn.to/3UMhErj
- How to Change by Katy Milkman: https://amzn.to/3OeBJUC
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My interview with Jeff Struecker on the importance of being a person of your word.
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JJohn’slatest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in 2023.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com