People often ask me, ‘Why do we fail to take responsibility for our choices?’
In the words of Jim Rohn, “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” This illustrates how essential it is for us to take charge of our habits or inadvertently allow our choices to dictate our life.
When we fail to act, we allow fate to control our lives instead of us owning our destiny. As I discussed in last week’s episode, it’s why mediocre choices lead us to be average.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why We Fail to Take Responsibility for Our Life
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, you have likely wondered why many people fail to take responsibility for their actions. In today’s Passion Struck podcast Momentum Friday episode, I will answer this question by taking an in-depth look into what it means when we fail to take responsibility for our choices. Failure to do so results in us living on autopilot. We are like a balloon caught by the wind and utterly dependent on outside forces to guide our way.
I will use the wise old man’s fable to provide an overview of what taking responsibility in action looks like.
- Why “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
- The Fable of the wide old man.
- Why do people refuse to accept responsibility for their actions?
- How to start taking responsibility for your life.
- Examples of what it looks like when we take responsibility.
- The importance of consistency in taking responsibility for your choices.
- Why only you control the steering wheel of your life?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- Why do so many fail to take responsibility for their actions?
- What are the consequences of not holding ourselves accountable for our choices?
- What did you learn from the fable of the wise old man that you can apply in your life?
- What does it look like when we do take responsibility in our lives?
- Why are our choices so important?
- What are your key takeaways from today’s episode?
- How can you apply them to your life?
- How will you approach how you take responsibility in the future?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, ZocDoc, For Sponsoring.
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Zocdoc, which is the start of a better health care journey for you. Find and book top-rated local doctors on demand. Visit them in their offices or video chat with them from home. Go to https://www.zocdoc.com/passionstruck. Download the Zocdoc app for FREE and start your search for a top-rated doctor today.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On 8 Ways To Overcome Being Mediocre
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/if-you-want-remarkable-life-stop-chasing-normal-one/
Purchase Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search For Meaning
* Listen to my solo episode from last week on how you overcome the culture of exceptionalism: https://passionstruck.com/how-do-you-overcome-culture-of-exceptionalism/
* Check out my interview with Virgin Unite President Jean Oelwang if you want to learn how to build powerful partnerships.
* My interview with Sara Mednick Ph.D. on the power of the downstate and its impact on performance and health: https://passionstruck.com/sara-mednick-recharge-your-brain-body/
* My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
* My interview with David Yaden Ph.D. on self-transcendence, psychedelics, and behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/david-yaden-on-self-transcendence-experiences/
* My interview with Michael Slepian Ph.D.: https://passionstruck.com/michael-slepian-the-secret-life-of-secrets/
* My interview with Admiral Sandy Stosz on how to lead in unchartered waters: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-sandy-stosz-leader-with-moral-courage/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder of PASSION STRUCK®, the first of its kind company, focused on impacting real change by teaching people how to live Intentionally. He is on a mission to help people live a no-regrets life that exalts their victories and lets them know they matter in the world. For over two decades, he built his own career applying his research of passion struck leadership, first becoming a Fortune 50 CIO and then a multi-industry CEO. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and author.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283