John R. Miles – Why average choices lead to being mediocre and mediocre results. | Brought to you by AppSumo’s application marketplace (https://social.appsumo.com/passion), Gusto’s all-in-one HR solution https://www.gusto.com/passionstruck, the Policygenius insurance comparison website (https://www.policygenius.com/), and Indeed the platform for hiring (https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck).
In last week’s episode, I argued that mediocrity achieved as an end result of all our best efforts is not bad. But, it is when we intentionally practice habits that lead to being mediocre.
The truth is no one wants the title of being mediocre. Everyone desires to be unique, outstanding, and gifted. However, until you create an environment around yourself that fosters excellent choices, you will persist in making daily choices that make you average at best.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What is the main reason people experience mediocre results?
Mediocrity is not simply a state we arrive at. Instead, being mediocre is determined by the choices we continually make over the course of our days, weeks, and years. Creating an extraordinary life isn’t a secret only a few can attain. It is simply making consistent choices that support behaviors that expand your life. If you want break-out success, you must establish practices and routines that lead you closer to that goal.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why Average Choices Lead To Being Mediocre
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, you have likely wondered why most people live with mediocrity. In today’s Passion Struck podcast Momentum Friday episode, I will highlight habits most commonly found in those who pursue being mediocre. I will then provide you with eight things you can do to start making choices that lead to living an intentional life so that you can achieve your best in all areas of life.
I will do this by sharing the story of famous American neurosurgeon Ben Carson, whose achievements prove that anyone can become excellent in what they do if they choose to.
- Why are we what we repeatedly do?
- How Ben Carson overcame mediocrity
- Why is being mediocre a choice?
- What are the habits of mediocre people?
- Eight vital ways to unlock a remarkable life
- Why exceptional choices deliver exceptional results
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- Why do so many people make average decisions that lead to mediocrity?
- Why do we have a hard time accepting the idea of being mediocre?
- How did Ben Carson alter his life’s direction?
- What is your biggest takeaway from the story of Ben Carson you can apply in your own life?
- What are the consequences of making the choices that carry us closer to being mediocre?
- Why is mediocrity not a state we should want to pursue?
- What are your key takeaways from today’s episode?
- How can you apply them to your life?
- How will you approach your choices in the future?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
Thank You, Gusto, For Sponsoring.
Gusto offers all-in-one payroll and HR for growing businesses. From full-service payroll and benefits to team management tools, Gusto makes it easy to support your hardworking team in one intuitive platform. Gusto is offering our listeners three months free: https://www.gusto.com/passionstruck.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
Thank You, AppSumo, For Sponsoring.
Over 1 million entrepreneurs and creators trust AppSumo to help them discover, buy, and sell the products they need to grow their business and audience. As a special bonus, AppSumo is giving 10% off the already discounted price to the first 100 people who click the link in the show notes: https://social.appsumo.com/passion.
Thank You, Policygenius, For Sponsoring.
Policygenius provides free quotes tailored to your needs with support from licensed agents, helping you get insurance coverage fast so you can get on with life. Save 50% or more on life insurance at https://www.policygenius.com/.
Thank You, Indeed, For Sponsoring.
With Indeed, you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more. Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On 8 Ways to Overcome Being Mediocre
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/if-you-want-remarkable-life-stop-chasing-normal-one/
* Think Big by Ben Carson: https://amzn.to/3PsyXem (Amazon Link)
* The Big Picture by Ben Carson: https://amzn.to/3PINH8p (Amazon Link)
* Take the Risk by Ben Carson: https://amzn.to/3v9Ozev (Amazon Link)
* Listen to my solo episode from last week on how you overcome the culture of exceptionalism: https://passionstruck.com/how-do-you-overcome-culture-of-exceptionalism/
* Check out my interview with Virgin Unite President Jean Oelwang if you want to learn how to build powerful partnerships.
* My interview with Sara Mednick Ph.D. on the power of the downstate and its impact on performance and health: https://passionstruck.com/sara-mednick-recharge-your-brain-body/
* My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
* My interview with David Yaden Ph.D. on self-transcendence, psychedelics, and behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/david-yaden-on-self-transcendence-experiences/
* My interview with Michael Slepian Ph.D.: https://passionstruck.com/michael-slepian-the-secret-life-of-secrets/
* My interview with Admiral Sandy Stosz on how to lead in unchartered waters: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-sandy-stosz-leader-with-moral-courage/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John hosts the top-ranked podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck