In this episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I discuss why accepting yourself is the key to creating your best life. | Brought to you by Masterworks (go to https://masterworks.io and use code passion to start).
Accepting yourself entails ultimately valuing all parts of yourself — both the desirable and undesirable. It means you understand your current reality, come to terms with it, and aspire to live your life as best as possible. Self-acceptance is perhaps the most incredible gift you can give to yourself.
Accepting Yourself – The Courageous Story of Sam Berns
I will be opening your hearts and minds to the need to love and accept yourself for who you are through the inspirational story of Sam Berns. Additionally, I will lay out practical actions you can take to achieve self-acceptance.
Sam Berns was diagnosed with a rare, rapid aging disease when he was 2. Sam lived a short but fulfilling life. Just before his untimely death at the age of 17, he was a junior at Foxboro High School in Foxboro, Massachusetts. He achieved the highest honors and earned percussion section leader in the high school marching band during his time there. He also made the prestigious Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.
He is featured in the Emmy award-winning documentary Life According to Sam, which premiered on HBO on October 21, 2013, 2 days before his 17th birthday. This episode of the Passion Struck Podcast is dedicated to Sam, progeria research, and the inspiring way he lived.
Sam Berns Tedx Talk has over 48 Million views: https://youtu.be/36m1o-tM05g
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Let’s dive in!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Self-Acceptance Through The Lens Of The Story Of Sam Berns
- Why self-acceptance entails valuing all of yourself.
- I tell the inspiring story of Sam Berns and use it to illustrate why regardless of our circumstances, we can create a happy life.
- Why do people feel unsatisfied with who they are?
- What are the implications of not accepting yourself?
- How can you learn to accept yourself?
- What are the benefits of loving and accepting yourself?
- Letting go of the false image we create of ourselves
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON ACCEPTING YOURSELF
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Questions that you and your friends or family members can discuss about this episode:
- What gets in the way of you accepting yourself for who you are?
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of Sam Berns? How can you apply his story to your life?
- What can you learn about accepting yourself from Sam’s story?
- How is your self-acceptance getting in the way of your goals and aspirations?
- What steps will you stake after hearing today’s episode to change your behavior and choices?
Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out here.
* My interview with Astronaut Nicole Stott: https://passionstruck.com/nicole-stott-back-to-earth/
* My interview with former WNBA player Anne O’Neil: https://passionstruck.com/anne-oneil-how-life-is-strategy-by-design/
* My interview with Laurie Singer on Why There is Hope: https://passionstruck.com/laurie-singer-on-why-youre-not-crazy/
* Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
* John explains why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
* Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
* Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
* How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck