The power of Forgiveness is complex because evolution has taught us to avoid being exploited by others. One of the easiest ways to prevent exploitation is by retaliating or avoiding the offender. Choosing to forgive someone who has caused you pain can free you from the harm caused by others. However, unforgiveness can tie you to your past, stealing you of peace and joy.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss In This Episode On The Importance of Forgiveness
In today’s episode, I tackle the power of forgiveness by examining it through the lens of neuroscience and psychology. I then provide five powerful ways to forgive. If you’re like most people, the thought of forgiving someone who has hurt you probably seems like the last thing you want to do on earth. This doesn’t make you resentful—it just makes you human.
- Defining the power of forgiveness
- Unforgiveness can shackle you to your past.
- Forgiving is an essential virtue to put into practice
- The neuro-psychological of forgiveness.
- Why it’s so hard for us to forgive
- Why it is essential, we practice the power of forgiveness
- Five powerful ways to forgive
- The importance of self-forgiveness
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss About the Importance of Forgiveness
- How did you respond to situations when you feel are harmed?
- What did you learn from the story of the forgiveness project?
- What was something you learned about the neuropsychology of forgiveness?
- Why is it hard to forgive?
- Which of the five powerful ways to forgive will you implement?
- How can you apply the power of forgiveness to your life?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, American Giant, For Sponsoring
Discover American-made essentials, activewear, and accessories for men and women. Shop durable hoodies, tees, pants, leggings & more from American Giant. Get 20% off your order using code PassionStruck at https://www.american-giant.com/.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Transcript from the episode: https://johnrmiles.com/the-importance-of-forgiveness/
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JJohn’slatest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in 2023.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com