In this episode, I tell a parable to illustrate why your relationship with yourself is the foundation for everything. I then use this example to discuss how to discover your best self, grow into the best version of yourself, and strengthen your relationship with your greatest self.
As Abraham Maslow rightly pointed out, “If you plan on being anything less than you’re capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.”
Per his quote, all that we do in life is a testimony to our inner self and our relationship with ourselves. The people you impact or don’t, the job you love or don’t, those in your life you love or don’t, the acts of service you do or don’t, are all created by the relationship we have with ourselves.
The tools from today’s episode ought to be helpful for anyone looking to become their best self.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Becoming Your Best Self
- I provide a fable of the eagle and the chicken to illustrate why we often fail to become our best self.
- I discuss why everone takes the limits of their own circumstances for the limits of the world.
- I discuss how to discover your best self and provide a list of questions to guide your journey of self-discovery:
- Where am I now?
- How did I get to where I am today?
- Where do I want to be in the future?
- How am I going to get there?
- What additional resources or skills will I require to achieve my goals?
- I then dive into practical ways to improve and strengthen your relationship with yourself to bring out your greatest self.
- Once you build a relatonship with your best self, you can confidently creep closer and closer to your goals.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Have You Tried Athletic Greens?
AG1 contains over 75 essential vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced ingredients giving you a multivitamin, probiotic, prebiotic, adaptogens, and more. One daily scoop supports your immunity, gut health, healthy aging, and energy. Better nutrition made a lot simpler. Free One Year Supply of Vitamin D + 5 Travel Packs using my discount code.
Check Out Ten Thousand Apparel
Get Online Counseling With BetterHelp
BetterHelp offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone.
Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/passionstruckck.
4x4x48 Challenge In Support Of Special Forces And Veteran Non-Profits
We have an exciting and important announcement. I was asked by my friend, retired Green Beret Andrew Marr, and his brother Adam Marr (Army Apache Pilot) to sponsor, fundraise, and participate in this year’s 4x4x48 challenge. This challenge is a cause near and dear to my heart as I am one of the veterans that these organizations have helped overcome my struggles with mental health and the long-term impact of Traumatic Brain Injury. If you are interested in supporting our efforts, please go to: https://give.warriorangelsfoundation.org/team/400731.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
- 0:00 Introducing the best self concept and introduction
- 2:55 Ten Thousand and Athletic Greens 5:57
- Fable of the eagle and the chicken
- 10:05 BetterHelp
- 11:49 Where am I now on the journey of becoming my greatest self?
- 12:48 How did I get to be where I am today?
- 13:33 Where do I want to be in the future?
- 14:29 How am I going to get there?
- 16:05 What additional resources will I require to be my best self?
- 17:21 How do you become the best version of yourself
- 21:51 How to live your best life
- 22:58 Conclusion and Synthesis
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON STRENGTHENING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR BEST SELF
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Atomic Habits by James Clear
Best Self by Mike Bayer
Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses where you invest your love; you invest your life in Episode 104
John Explains how to become our best authentic selves and what is getting its way in episode 88.
Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content.
John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, author, and named to the ComputerWorld Premier 100 IT Leaders. John is the host of the #PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn their lessons to living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283