Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman’s journey seemed to be a straightforward one, yet it unexpectedly led her to a collaboration with a renowned positive psychology pioneer. What she discovered in her research has become the focus of her life’s work: helping individuals and organizations to navigate the uncertain future of work. Uncover the remarkable story of Gabriella’s unexpected journey and the powerful tools she has built to foster resilience in the face of constant change. Dr. Rosen Kellerman is the co-author with Martin Seligman of Tomorrowmind: Thriving at Work with Resilience, Creativity, and Connection―Now and in an Uncertain Future.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the ever-changing work environment, struggling to adjust to the new normal? Have you been told to simply keep calm and carry on, yet found yourself struggling and stuck? Discover the tools you need to successfully navigate change, build resilience and creativity, and achieve adaptability. Take control of your journey and find success in the new normal.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman Joins Me to Provide Strategies for Success to Thrive in the Future of Work
On the Passion Struck podcast, John R. Miles interviewed Gabriella Rosen Kellerman, MD, about the future of work and how professionals can successfully adapt to constant change. Kellerman, a seasoned healthcare professional and Chief Innovation Officer at BetterUp, discussed the importance of resilience, creativity, and adaptability in today’s dynamic work environments. During the conversation, Kellerman highlighted the need for both companies and individuals to develop a range of skills, including emotional intelligence, problem-solving abilities, and the capacity to form meaningful connections. She also offered advice on thriving in the future of work, emphasizing the importance of focusing on soft skills, being open to change, and cultivating a sense of purpose in one’s career.
Gabriella Rosen Kellerman’s journey took her from clinical psychiatry to working in tech, where she began building tools to help foster stress management, resilience, and well-being. Gabriella’s passion for understanding the brain and its relationship to our lived experiences led her to collaborate with renowned positive psychology pioneer Marty Seligman. As they embarked on various studies together, Gabriella became acutely aware of the struggles individuals face in a constantly changing work environment. Today, she works tirelessly to help organizations and individuals navigate the ever-evolving landscape of the future of work, focusing on fostering resilience and adaptability in the face of constant change.
Listen and learn as Gabriella Rosen Kellerman and I discuss the following topics:
- Fortify your resilience using techniques for emotional control and a positive mindset.
- Prepare for success in the evolving workplace through adaptability and flexibility.
- Unleash creativity for tackling challenges and discovering groundbreaking solutions.
- Counteract loneliness by fostering meaningful connections in your personal and professional life.
- Enhance progress by acquiring and integrating a variety of essential skill sets.
- Strengthen your ability to bounce back by mastering emotional regulation and optimistic thinking.
- Thrive in the dynamic work landscape by embracing change and developing versatile skills.
- Ignite your mind’s inventive potential for solving problems and sparking innovations.
- Combat the effects of isolation by cultivating rich and rewarding relationships.
- And much, much more!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at [email protected]!
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, Indeed, For Sponsoring
With Indeed, you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more..
Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place.
Thank You, Green Chef, For Sponsoring
The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well … Now offering more options than ever before! Choose from Keto+Paleo, Mediterranean, Fast & Fit, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free. Use code passionstruck60 to get $60 off, plus free shipping!”
Thank You, Fabric, For Sponsoring
Fabric by Gerber Life is a new addition to the Gerber Life family, offering parents more ways to help protect their family’s financial futures. Protect your family today with Fabric by Gerber Life.
Go to Apply today in just 10 minutes at https://meetfabric.com/passion.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles.
More From My Conversation With Gabriella Rosen Kellerman
The Challenge of Adapting to New Work Environments
In the rapidly changing world of work, adapting to new environments and navigating constant shifts has become essential skill for professionals. As businesses and industries evolve, employees must be prepared for novel situations, altering their strategies and mindset to remain engaged and effective. Successfully adapting to change requires a combination of resilience, creativity, and adaptability, as well as the willingness to learn and grow throughout one’s career.
Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman touched on this topic during our conversation, emphasizing the need for individuals and organizations to be attuned to changes and to work together to overcome challenges. Kellerman’s experience at BetterUp has shown her the importance of maintaining engagement during times of change and how vital it is for everyone to be aware of the evolving business landscape in order to thrive.
Building Blocks of Resilience
Resilience is a critical trait that helps professionals navigate unpredictable work environments and recover from setbacks. Developing resilience requires investment in emotional regulation, cognitive agility, optimism, self-efficacy, and self-compassion – all necessary components for bouncing back in the face of adversity. By deliberately cultivating these skills, individuals can enhance their personal growth and become more adaptable to change.
In our discussion, Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman cited the work of BetterUp Labs, which has extensively studied the top drivers of resilience. She elaborated on the significance of each skill and encouraged listeners to focus on areas where they have room for growth. Through strengthening these resilience-building components, professionals will be better equipped to handle the challenges and uncertainties that come with shifting work environments.
Say Thanks To Gabriella Rosen Kellerman
If you enjoyed this interview with Gabriella Rosen Kellerman, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout on Instagram:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
Resources From The Show With Gabriella Rosen Kellerman
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Website: https://www.gabriellarosenkellerman.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gabriellarosenkellerman/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grkellerman/
- BetterUp: https://www.betterup.com/
- Read Gabriella Rosen Kellerman’s book Tomorrow Mind, co-written with Marty Seligman, to learn about thriving at work with resilience, creativity, and connection.
- Explore the concept of mattering at work and its link to success by researching the subject and implementing interventions to increase a sense of mattering in your workplace.
- Develop the five building blocks of resilience: emotional regulation, self-efficacy, cognitive agility, optimism, and compassion to adapt to change effectively.
- Practice building trust quickly, particularly across geographical distances and with people different from yourself, to enhance teamwork in hybrid and distributed work environments.
- Cultivate the ability to anticipate and plan for the future as a meta-ski, positioning yourself ahead of change, especially in the tech industry where products can quickly take on unintended uses.
- Learn about the four creative types of thinking and the concept of creativity hygiene to facilitate greater innovation in your work.
- Listen to the Passion Struck podcast for more insights and stories of people reinventing themselves and overcoming challenges in their personal and professional lives.
- Consider exploring the science of positive psychology and its focus on building well-being and a life well-lived, as opposed to solely resolving psychopathology.
- Investigate the brain-body connection and the latest research on how mental disorders may be linked to metabolic disorders and the role of gut health in overall well-being.
- Reflect on your own experiences and motivations for personal growth and change.
My solo episode on how you unleash your creativity: https://passionstruck.com/unleash-your-creativity/
Catch my interview with Gaia Bernstein on how to overcome tech addiction: https://passionstruck.com/gaia-bernstein-fix-the-tech-addiction-crisis/
Watch my interview with Dr. Mark Hyman on how to defy aging: https://passionstruck.com/dr-mark-hyman-secrets-to-living-young-forever/
Catch my interview with Dr. Amy Shah on how you can control your food cravings: https://passionstruck.com/dr-amy-shah-you-can-control-your-food-cravings/
My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
About Today’s Guest, Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman
Dr. Gabriella Rosen Kellerman is an accomplished expert in the field of resilience and emotional intelligence. With a background in psychiatry, she transitioned to the tech industry to use software as a tool for improving well-being and reducing stress in the workplace. As a key player at BetterUp, Gabriella has held numerous leadership roles, including Chief Product Officer, Chief Innovation Officer, and Head of BetterUp Labs. Additionally, she co-founded LifeLink and has provided valuable insights to companies in healthcare, coaching, and behavioral change technology. Gabriella’s work has been recognized and featured in notable publications such as The Atlantic, Harvard Business Review, and Forbes.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the top-ranked Passion Struck Podcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better, and impact.
Passion Struck Is Now On Syndicated Radio
Passion Struck is now on the AMFM247 broadcasting network every Monday and Friday from 5-6 PM.
Step 1: Go to TuneIn, Apple Music (or any other app, mobile or computer)
Step 2: Search for “AMFM247” Network