Dr. Scott Sherr – Integrative approach to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Nootropics, and Peak Performance. | Brought to you by BABBEL. Save up to 60% off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
Dr. Scott Sherr is an Internal Medicine Physician Certified in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and Health Optimization Medicine (HOMe). Dr. Scott is the founder of Integrative HBOT and is one of the few providers in the world who uses an integrative approach to HBOT. This approach includes cutting-edge and dynamic HBOT protocols, comprehensive laboratory testing, targeted supplementation, personal practices, and synergistic technologies.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)?
HBOT is a natural therapy approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat various disorders and diseases. Some include decompression sickness, carbon monoxide poisoning, crush injury, failed skin grafts and flaps, diabetic lower extremity wounds, radiation tissue damage, and thermal burns. Research also suggests HBOT positively affects patients with other conditions. These include anoxic and traumatic brain injuries, chronic pain, ulcerative colitis, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, musculoskeletal injury, stroke, and many others. HBOT can be used as the sole treatment or in conjunction with other therapies to help optimize a patient’s recovery process.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
If you are a Veteran or First Responder dealing with issues related to traumatic brain injury, PTSD, brain health, or anything of the like, contact the Warrior Angels Foundation, Heroic Hearts Project, and VETS to learn more. You can also donate to the cause of helping these warriors get their lives back.
Please also check out my interview with Warrior Angels Co-Founder Andrew Marr.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss With Dr. Scott Sherr
In this episode, Dr. Scott Sherr joins us to discuss how he discovered hyperbaric oxygen therapy buried in the hospital’s basement where he was a resident. Why HBOT has become his life’s work and how he balances both practicing internal medicine with alternative modalities focused on optimal health, inflammation, peak performance, and neurodegenerative recovery. We discuss in detail hyperbaric oxygen therapy use for both acute brain injury care and a treatment for those suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Lastly, Dr. Scott explains how HBOT can help with peak performance and the cutting edge use of nootropics which he is heavily involved in researching and manufacturing.
- His introduction to functional medicine through his father’s chiropractic practice
- How and why hyperbaric oxygen therapy is such a successful therapy
- The difference between soft and hard shell HBOT chambers
- Why aquanauts experience hyperbaric conditions and what can be learned from them
- The 14 indications that are covered by medical insurance for using HBOT in the U.S.
- How hyperbaric therapy helps to produce stem cells and why that is important
- How hyperbaric therapy aids cancer treatment and recovery
- Treating neurodegenerative disease and Traumatic Brain Injuries with hyperbaric therapy
- The use of Nootropics for peak performance
- The magic blue cannatine nootropic to enhance productivity
- Where you can purchase an HBOT
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Babbel: the new way to learn a foreign language. Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
More About Nootropics, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, and Peak Performance with Dr. Scott Sherr
I asked Dr. Scott to explain why he uses Nootropics to optimize peak performance.
Dr. Scott explains, “I’ve been in and around the optimal and athletic performance biohacking space for almost eight years. One of the significant areas that have been interesting to me throughout that time especially recently, has been nootropics. Nootropics definition wise, is a brain enhancing supplement. It’s a difficult category to describe If you just leave it at that. I think what’s important to think about is that various things enhance your brain function that supports your brain. And various things improve your brain function that can clock your brain to stimulate your brain.
For example, caffeine is a nootropic that stimulates your brain. There’s a performance-related nootropic we have a company called troscriptions. It’s called troscriptions because it’s Troches. Which are these dissolvable lozenges between your teeth and your gums? Let them dissolve there for 15 to 30 minutes. And the second part of the word is prescriptions. These are precision dose, pharmaceutical-grade physician formulated by myself and others in the company.
But we are very careful to talk about what type of nootropic you’re taking. Are you taking what we call a health optimization nootropic, one that optimizes and helps your system work better? Are you taking a performance-optimizing nootropic: one that’s improving performance but may not be actually good for you in the sense of helping with your cellular optimization or might be clogging your system.”
The Benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
During our interview, I asked Dr. Scott Sherr to explain the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Dr. Sherr explains, “What happens is you have an acute infusion of all that oxygen. If you have any tissue that’s at risk of dying or if you’ve had a traumatic brain injury, stroke, cardiac event, a spinal cord injury, a partial limb amputation, or tissue that’s at risk of dying, it’s going to get more oxygen into the tissue. It’s like diffusion of water or Osmosis. The more oxygen you get in a blood vessel, the more that’s going to diffuse out of that blood vessel and get further into tissue. So that’s extremely important in acute trauma, an acute infection, or in many acute situations.
There’s also a massive decrease in inflammation and reduction in swelling. There’s also both actually lymphatic flow out, and venous flatted tissue. And there’s also an enormous release of stem cells as well. All these stem cells are these baby cells in our body that get released from various areas and go to the areas where there’s injury, inflammation, and an infection. We’re also revving up the immune system with all these kinds of things. All these immediate things are happening with all that extra oxygen in circulation. So it is a profound shift in your physiology. And as a result of that, you get that acute phase of things that I just described.
Thanks, Dr. Scott Sherr!
If you enjoyed this interview with Dr. Scott Sherr, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout on Instagram or LinkedIn:
Click here to thank Dr. Scott Sherr on LinkedIn!
Click here to thank Dr. Scott Sherr on Instagram!
Click here to let John R. Miles know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]
Resources From The Show With Dr. Scott Sherr
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Website: www.drscottsherr.com
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drsherr/
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/optimizedhyperbaricoxygentherapy/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hbotplus/
* Worldwide HBOT consultation, advocacy, and education at https://IntegrativeHBOT.com
* Making HBOT Faster, Safer, and Better at OneBase: OneBase
* Troscriptions (the company)
* Just Blue (mitochondrial optimization)
* Blue Cannatine (true nootropic, enhance productivity, and focus)
* Tro Calm (for relief of anxiousness/stress)
* My interview with Michael Slepian: https://passionstruck.com/michael-slepian-the-secret-life-of-secrets/
* My interview with Tricia Manning: https://passionstruck.com/tricia-manning-on-how-to-lead-with-heart/
* My interview with Jordan Harbinger on Why Legacy is Greater Than Currency: https://passionstruck.com/jordan-harbinger-on-why-building-your-legacy-is-greater-than-currency/
* My interview with Sarah Fay: https://passionstruck.com/sarah-fay-pathological/
* My interview with Admiral James Stavridis: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-james-stavridis-to-risk-it-all/
* My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
* My solo episode on why you must feel to heal: https://passionstruck.com/why-you-must-feel-to-find-emotional-healing/
About Today’s Guest Dr. Scott Sherr
Dr. Scott Sherr is the Integrative Hyperbaric Medicine and Health Optimization director at Hyperbaric Medical Solutions. He facilitates protocol development, patient engagement, and outreach efforts in this role.
Dr. Scott is also an independent provider of Integrative HBOT who runs a worldwide education, consulting, and advocacy telemedicine practice. He is of the few HBOT medical professionals in the country who develops personalized treatment plans for patients.
His formal titles include Founder of Integrative HBOT, Cofounder of OneBase, COO of Health Optimization Medicine (a nonprofit education company) USA, COO of Smarter Not Harder, Medical Advisor to the One Hit Away Foundation, and Hospitalist at Midtown Inpatient Medicine.
Dr. Scott has consulted with clinics around the world, including Upgraded Labs (LA), Remedy Place (LA), LMS Wellness (London), Port Neuro Chiro (New Hampshire), and many others.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. A show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.