Cathy Heller – How Do You Find Your Life’s Passion. | Brought to you by Masterworks. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
Cathy Heller (@cathy.heller) is a bundle of inspiration and energy. She hosts the popular podcast The Cathy Heller Show, which has over 30 million downloads. She has interviewed everyone from Tony Robbins to Deepak Chopra to Malcolm Gladwell. You may also know her as the author of the bestselling book, Don’t Keep Your Day Job, or from her reputation as a singer-songwriter where her career began. When she’s not teaching or interviewing amazing guests, you can find Cathy playing with her three little girls, writing books, songwriting for tv shows and commercials, or enjoying a moment with friends.
Buy Cathy’s book: Don’t Keep Your Day Job
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss With Cathy Heller
In this episode, Cathy Heller joins us to discuss how do you find your life’s passion. Cathy lives by her belief that it’s all about how many people you can move into who they really want to be and how many people you can help raise.
- Why Cathy Heller describes her childhood as being a five-year-old therapist for her parents.
- How she is living out her assignment to help people find their life’s work.
- Why our default is just to show up and be generous.
- How two failed recording contracts inspired and led her to discover her power in songwriting.
- Why There are so many degrees between where we are and what we think is the only end-all-be-all.
- The recognition she received for her songwriting from Billboard Magazine.
- Cathy talks about her keys to creating an extremely successful podcast – The Cathy Heller Show.
- She discusses several of her recent guest’s advice, including Tony Robbins, Bob Goff, Deepak Chopra, and Gabby Bernstein.
- Why what you seek is seeking you.
- The reasons why the world is experiencing an empathy deficit.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Cathy Heller And I Discuss How Do You Find Your Life’s Passion?
During our Passion Struck podcast interview, I asked Cathy what inspired her to start her podcast and write her book.
Cathy Heller explains, “One of my Rabbis said something so beautiful: we are each a masterpiece, a piece of the master. We all come into this world with a different imprint to make, which is why we each have a different fingerprint. There’s no evolutionary need for that. But it’s a little wink at the idea that we have a soul. We have something inside us that’s unique.
I think that the reason my mom was so unfulfilled is that deep down, we all know that we were put here to contribute. We were put here to feel seen. And we feel the most seen by making something better or by touching someone else. I think that’s incredible because nature is as beautiful as it is. I don’t think koala bears or kangaroos are thinking to themselves; gosh, I really want to impact the world. But every time I’ve ever spent a substantial amount of time with any human being, there’s a bass line need to do that.
And that’s the most fulfilling possible thought as well. Many people say to themselves, ‘I don’t think I’m good enough,’ or ‘I don’t know that anybody needs me.’ But deep down, if for whatever reason they felt they could express some unique gifts and change the world to make it better, that always lights up a person like a Christmas tree.
That is why I am relentless at helping people see that they do have an exponential amount of talent. Everybody has Michael Jordan’s strength at something. And there is indeed a way for them to use their hands and voice to feel fulfilled and make the world better. I am certain that all the things that happened were a blessing for me because they all led to me waking up the way I am now, feeling so grateful that I get to live out this assignment to help people find their life’s work.”
Thanks, Cathy Heller!
If you enjoyed this interview with Cathy Heller, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout on Instagram or Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
Resources From The Show With Cathy Heller
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Website: https://www.dontkeepyourdayjob.com/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cathy.heller/
* Podcast: https://www.dontkeepyourdayjob.com/podcast
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/cathyheller
* Cathy Heller’s interview with Deepak Chopra
* Cathy Heller’s interview with Gabby Bernstein
* My interview with Jordan Harbinger on leaving a lasting legacy.
* My interview with Susan Cain on her new book “Bittersweet.”
* My interview with Gretchen Rubin about knowing yourself
* My interview with Dr. Michelle Segar on her new book” “The Joy Choice.”
* My most recent solo episode on why you must feel to heal emotionally
*My Solo episode on work-life balance: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7AZksXySbYVoMPMuma5DpB?si=_VPv5sn3QBCq2pYVh-LXkg
*Solo episode on overcoming burnout: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5keAXxjRs3Q8NKZYWBlPXS?si=N-nf0iQjThSzgsCAutPVPA
*Solo episode on how you stop living in fear: https://passionstruck.com/how-do-you-stop-living-in-fear/
About Today’s Guest Guest Cathy Heller
Each week Cathy Heller encourages thousands and thousands of listeners to find more purpose in their life and get paid to do what they love full time. She started out as a singer-songwriter and first found success licensing her music to TV, Film, and Ads. Quickly she became a stand-out in her field and was featured in magazines like Billboard, Variety, and the LA Weekly.
She started her top-ranked podcast two weeks after her third daughter was born. Cathy’s show has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, HuffPost, Business Insider, the NY Times, and InMagazine’s'” “top 9 podcasts”. It has over 30 million downloads. She’s been featured several times by Apple, and the fans are resonating with how genuine she is.
Cathy’s book Don’t Keep Your Day Job was released in November 2019 with Macmillan. It’s filled with inspirational stories from people within her own community who have decided to take control of their life’s journey. Her book goes into detail about how to find the work you were meant to do, how to grow your business, and level up your quality of life all around.
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. A show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of thworld’s’sthworld’s’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.