John R. Miles – Why you become what you believe and seven ways you can change it | Brought to you by Masterworks (https://www.masterworks.io/ code passion)/
Notable American radio speaker and author Earl Nightingale once said, “We become what we think about.” This truthful statement embodies and emphasizes just how vital our mindsets and beliefs are to creating the lives we live.
Why do we become our beliefs?
A belief is any cognitive notion that is held as accurate. It is the acceptance that something exists, even though its existence cannot be proved. This means that the potency of a belief is entirely dependent on a person’s choice to accept or reject it.
Take, for example, two people with similar qualifications who are given $1000 to use for starting a new business. One of them believes they can start a business, profit, and earn thousands of dollars — a beneficial belief. In contrast, the other person believes $1,000 is too little to start anything of meaning and fails to start anything — a restricting belief.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why You Become What You Believe Through The Inspirational Story Of Sean Stephenson
- Why do you become what you believe?
- The story of how Sean Stephenson overcame limiting beliefs
- How do you form what you believe?
- How the Placebo Effect influences what you believe
- Seven things you can do to create beneficial beliefs
- Why the real prisons exist in our minds
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On Why You Become What You Believe
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Questions that you and your friends or family members can discuss about this episode:
- What are beliefs and how are they formed?.
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of Sean Stephenson?
- What can you learn about the self-limiting beliefs from Stephenson’s story?
- What is the most fascinating thing about our belief system?
- What are the differences between beneficial and restricting beliefs?
- What are seven things you can do to form more beneficial beliefs?
- What steps will you take after hearing today’s episode to change your beliefs?
Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out here.
* My episode on why you should never believe a prediction that doesn’t ignite you: https://passionstruck.com/never-believe-a-prediction-that-doesnt-ignite-you/
* My interview with Gretchen Rubin: https://passionstruck.com/gretchen-rubin-the-key-to-happiness/
* My interview with former Dr. Michelle Segar: https://passionstruck.com/dr-michelle-segar-the-joy-choice/
* My interview with Jordan Harbinger on Why Legacy is Greater Than Currency: https://passionstruck.com/jordan-harbinger-on-why-building-your-legacy-is-greater-than-currency/
* My interview with Chrystal Rose on Why a Life Without Passion is Like a Life Without Air: https://passionstruck.com/chrystal-rose-on-a-life-without-passion/
* Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
* John explains why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
* Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
* Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
* How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283