In this powerful episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I share what it means to be a person of courage. Being a Person of Courage demands more than just satisfying the challenge. It means overpowering fear, acting when the outcome is uncertain, and doing what is right even if that means you might also face consequences from your actions.
- Courage is not always a matter of running toward danger but standing in it.
- Courage is not a lack of fear but a presence of faith.
- Courage is not a status symbol but a sign of strength.
This episode is a must-listen if you’re looking to learn more about what it means to be a person of courage. I will inspire you to find strength in your own trauma and hardship and to forego negative thoughts and emotions in favor of faith, self-mastery, and hope.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss In This Episode On What it Means to Be a Person of Courage
In this week’s Momentum Friday episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I explore what courage is and what it takes to be a person of courage. I will discuss different examples of courage and how courage is displayed in different situations. Everyone from a person who is just starting their career to a military leader fighting in battle must act with courage, not just once but over and over again. Being a person of courage is a critical part of servant leadership. But what exactly is courage, and how can we access it?
I will examine why courage is one of the most important qualities you can have in life and how it will enable you to face your fears, doubts, and disappointments head-on and continue moving forward.
- What kind of man or woman do you want to be?
- The story of LCPL Nancy Schiliro
- What is the difference between courage and bravery?
- What is courage? What does it mean?
- How does being a person of courage help us to forgive?
- How does a person of courage overcome trauma?
- What are the attributes of a person of courage?
- Do you want to be remembered as a person of courage?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss About Being a Person of Courage
- How do you better understand the difference between courage and bravery?
- What did you learn from the story of Nancy Schiliro?
- Why does it take being a person of courage to forgive?
- How is courage linked to overcoming hardship
- What are some of the attributes of being a person of courage?
- How will you apply today’s episode to your life?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, Shopify, For Sponsoring
Discover the number one eCommerce platform for all Businesses. Start, run + grow your business with Shopify®. Customize your store with their website builder. Trusted by millions of businesses. Sign up for a FREE trial at SHOPIFY DOT COM SLASH “passionstruck”,
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show on Being a Person of Courage
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Transcript from the episode: https://johnrmiles.com/what-does-a-person-of-courage-look-like/
- The Courage Habit by Kate Swoboda: https://amzn.to/3Ej9wJ1
- The Road to Unafraid by Jeff Struecker: https://amzn.to/3ElSqtT
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My interview with Jeff Struecker on the importance of being a person of your word.
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JJohn’slatest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in 2023.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com