Imagine what you could become if you genuinely entered life’s arena and followed your passions with perseverance and intentionality. The problem for so many millions today is that they don’t do that because of societal norms, peer pressure, and self-beliefs. What happens when we live this way? We have the predicament we face today where between seventy and eighty-five percent of the world’s workers are disengaged. They loathe what they do. That is why it is vital to stop hiding your authentic self and take the leap of faith required to pursue your dreams by being authentically you.
In this solo Momentum Friday episode of the Passion Struck podcast, John R. Miles unpacks the concept of what it means to have an authentic self. It’s a topic that is core to why he started the Passion Struck movement. In the podcast, John will explain why he believes so many today live behind a mask we wear that hides who we are and the superpower we are meant to bring to the world.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Passion Struck Podcast, John Discusses Why You Need to Stop Hiding Your Authetic Self:
- One of the biggest issues faced today by millions worldwide is creating a life based on societal norms instead of their true authentic self.
- Why what society tells you is not always the truth and doesn’t lead you to a place of fulfillment and self-realization.
- Why it is so important to be your authentic self and stand up for what you believe in.
- Discover the five keys to break away from the matrix and learn how to become your authentic self.
- The fact that living an authentic life requires intentionality in all that you do throughout the transition points in your life.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:32 Pretending to not be your authentic self
- 4:18 Why do we subconsciously sabotage ourselves
- 7:31 Is hiding behind pretense always conscious
- 10:50 Ways to break free from the matrix
- 14:27 The key takeaways
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Instead of membership fees or paywalls, we use advertising to keep The Passion Struck Podcast free for all listeners. Every time you click a sponsored link or use a coupon code, you’re helping grow the show and our goal of helping people worldwide regain their passion and live a no regrets life.
Have You Tried ISSUU?
Issuu is the all-in-one platform to create and distribute beautiful digital content, from marketing materials to magazines, to flipbooks and brochures, and more. Get started with Issuu today for FREE, or if you sign up for a premium account, you will get 50% off when you go to ISSUU.com/podcast and use promo code PASSIONSTRUCK.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON STOP HIDING YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
*The 5 am Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
*Unhindered. The Seven Essential Practices for Overcoming Insecurity
Check out John’s past episode on how to avoid living a pinball life. Catch up with Episode 25.
Are you having trouble prioritizing your time? John discusses the I Don’t Have Time Syndrome in Episode 27.
Is the Hustle Culture is Making You Miserable? John explores this in-depth in Episode 70.
Suppose you missed our interview with Clinical Psychologist Rubin Khoddam on the importance of holistic mental healthcare. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a globally recognized high-performance coach, life and business strategist, military veteran, and one of the most-watched quoted and followed personal growth trainers globally. John is a highly sought-after speaker, coach, author and makes frequent media appearances to discuss how to live intentionally by being our authentic self! He is passionate about being the catalyst who helps individuals expand into the most excellent version of themselves, unlocking the most legendary life possible.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck