Six Ways Patience Is an Important Virtue and How You Build It. | Brought to you by Masterworks. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
Today, we live in a fast-paced world where we desire results at the speed of thought. We consume our fast foods, get our groceries and meals delivered to our house, drive our fast cars, and respond to the constant instant messaging, all of which can make us prone to impatience.
Now, it is okay for some things to be done faster. For example, using automation at factories to increase production speed will lead to more available goods for the public, and some other fast processes help save time for other essential things. Hence fast can be very good and beneficial. But not for everything. And that is why it is vital to understand the importance of patience.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Wednesday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores the Six Ways Patience is an Important Virtue
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, it might be because you understand that patience is an important virtue, but you may be struggling with balancing it with life’s demands. It indeed causes me sadness to see that patience has become a lost art. Part of it is because this trait does not come naturally to most today in our fast past environment. In my opinion, patience is a critical component of success. Ambitions are great things to have, but if they go uncontrolled, they can lead to adverse effects like depression, burnout, and anxiety. Today I will discuss six ways you can keep your ambition in check with an equal amount of patience to balance it out.
- What makes us prone to impatience?
- What is the definition of patience?
- The parable of the Chinese Bamboo Tree
- Three reasons we often lose our patience
- The six benefits of practicing patience?
- The six steps you can take to discover and practice patience?
- Why patience is an important virtue
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- Why do we put so much focus on the quick wins?
- Why can patience feel counterintuitive to the big goals we set for ourselves?
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of the Chinese Bamboo Tree?
- What can you learn from the farmer’s dedication?
- Are you experiencing any hindrances to being patient?
- What three things can you do to alter how you approach impatience?
- What have you come to understand about why patience is an important virtue?
- What steps will you take after hearing today’s episode to change your approach to how you combine speed and patience?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Masterworks. 66% of Billionaires Collect Art, so Why Aren’t You? Low Minimums, Simple and Exciting. You Can Use Art as an Alternative Investment to Diversify Your Portfolio. Blue-Chip Artwork. Go to https://www.masterworks.io/ and use code passion to start.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On Why Patience is an Important Virtue
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/why-life-is-a-journey-not-a-destination/
- My solo episode on why you should Why the Journey Is More Important Than the Destination
- My interview with Cathy Heller on How Do You Find Your Life’s Passion
- My interview with Jesse Gould on Saving Veterans One Heroic Heart at a Time
- My episode on why you should never believe a prediction that doesn’t ignite you: https://passionstruck.com/never-believe-a-prediction-that-doesnt-ignite-you/
- My interview with Jordan Harbinger on Why Legacy is Greater Than Currency: https://passionstruck.com/jordan-harbinger-on-why-building-your-legacy-is-greater-than-currency/
- My interview with Admiral James Stavridis on To Risk it All: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-james-stavridis-to-risk-it-all/
- My interview with Kegan Gill on how to not just survive in life but thrive: https://passionstruck.com/kegan-gill-on-how-to-thrive-in-life/
- My interview with Gretchen Rubin: https://passionstruck.com/gretchen-rubin-the-key-to-happiness/
- My interview with former Dr. Michelle Segar: https://passionstruck.com/dr-michelle-segar-the-joy-choice/
- My interview with David Vago on Meditation: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
- Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283