Why Life Is About The Journey Not The Destination | Brought to you by BABBEL. Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
We all set objectives and aim for specific destinations at different phases in life. These goals range from losing weight to getting an academic degree to attaining a particular position in our career. However, after setting these goals, many people forget to pay attention to the process, dedication, and daily intentions it takes to achieve them. Thus, they miss out on all the benefits and opportunities along the journey. That is because life is the journey, not the destination.
And in case you didn’t already know it, I (@john_r_miles) take your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Podbean, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why Life Is About The Journey Not The Destination
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, you are likely on the path of self-discovery and seeking knowledge on how to do it. You are not alone. Often we focus so much on the desired end-state of our goals that we miss the essential part—your journey to achieving your aspirations. I will discuss the impediments along the way to achieving this journey and provide various ways you can stay on track to creating your best life. I do this by using the story of Cheryl Snead, an African American business leader, and philanthropist who understood why life is about the journey not the destination.
- Why life is the journey, not the destination
- How Cheryl Snead adapted and found joy along her journey
- Why do we lose sight that life is about the journey not the destination?
- What are the implications of focusing only on the end results and not the journey?
- How do you focus on and enjoy the journey?
- Why you cannot afford to postpone living the life you want to live
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions for you and your friends or family members to discuss this episode
- Why do we focus on the destination and not the steps along the path?
- Do you take the time to celebrate the small victories along your journey? What is a recent example of one?
- What did you find most inspiring about the story of Cheryl Snead?
- What can you learn about the hindrances that get in our way?
- Are you experiencing any of them? How?
- What three things can you do to alter how you approach your journey?
- What steps will you take after hearing today’s episode to change your approach to going after your most meaningful goals?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Babbel: the new way to learn a foreign language. Save up to 60 % off your subscription when you go to https://babbel.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On Why Life is About The Journey Not the Destination
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/why-life-is-a-journey-not-a-destination/
- My episode on why you should never believe a prediction that doesn’t ignite you: https://passionstruck.com/never-believe-a-prediction-that-doesnt-ignite-you/
- My interview with Jordan Harbinger on Why Legacy is Greater Than Currency: https://passionstruck.com/jordan-harbinger-on-why-building-your-legacy-is-greater-than-currency/
- My interview with Admiral James Stavridis on To Risk it All: https://passionstruck.com/admiral-james-stavridis-to-risk-it-all/
- My interview with Kegan Gill on how to not just survive in life but thrive: https://passionstruck.com/kegan-gill-on-how-to-thrive-in-life/
- My interview with Gretchen Rubin: https://passionstruck.com/gretchen-rubin-the-key-to-happiness/
- My interview with former Dr. Michelle Segar: https://passionstruck.com/dr-michelle-segar-the-joy-choice/
- My interview with David Vago on Meditation: https://passionstruck.com/dr-david-vago-on-self-transcendence/
- Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283