Cognitive biases are recurring deviations from rationality due to how our cognitive system works. Therefore, cognitive biases compel us to be irrational in how we seek, assess, analyze, receive, utilize, and remember information and make decisions.
Cognitive biases affect our lives in every area, from how we create memories to our relationships with others and how we form our beliefs. Understanding the impact of compact biases is vital to expanding your thinking and making better decisions.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss In This Episode on the Cognitive Biases
In today’s Momentum Friday episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles, I will discuss the 12 major types of cognitive biases that exist, how they affect your thought process, and six ways to stop them so that you can create sounder day-to-day decisions.
- What are cognitive biases?
- Why do cognitive biases exist?
- The impacts of cognitive biases
- The twelve major types of cognitive biases
- Six steps to minimize cognitive biases
- Why cognitive biases are inherent in how we think
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss About Cognitive Biases
- What are cognitive biases?
- How do they impact your reasoning?
- What are the 12 major types of cognitive biases?
- Do you recognize any of the major types in yourself?
- Out of the six methods to minimize a cognitive bias which one will you try first?
- How can you apply the episode to your life?
Thank You, Dry Farm Wines, For Sponsoring
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines, which Have No Chemical Additives for Aroma, Color, Flavor, or Texture Enhancement. Dry Farm Wines – The Only Natural Wine Club That Goes Above and Beyond Industry Standards. For Passion Struck listeners: Dry Farm Wines offers an extra bottle in your first box for a penny (because it’s alcohol, it can’t be free). See all the details and collect your wine at https://www.dryfarmwines.com/passionstruck/.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Transcript from the episode: https://johnrmiles.com/5-steps-to-change-your-perception/
- Daniel Kahneman’s ‘Thinking, Fast and Slow,’
- Magnus Mcdaniel’s ‘How Our Brains Betray Us,’
- Rolf Dobelli’s ‘The Art of Thinking Clearly,’
- Albert Rutherford’s ‘Neuroscience and Decision-making’
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My interview with Scott Barry Kaufman and Jordyn Feingold: https://passionstruck.com/jordyn-feingold-scott-barry-kaufman-chose-growth/
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Ayelet Fishbach, a professor at the Booth School of Business University of Chicago, on how to get it done, the science of motivation: https://passionstruck.com/ayelet-fishbach-get-it-done-find-the-fun-path/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder of PASSION STRUCK®, the first of its kind company, focused on impacting real change by teaching people how to live Intentionally. He is on a mission to help people live a no-regrets life that exalts their victories and lets them know they matter in the world. For over two decades, he built his own career applying his research of passion-struck leadership, first becoming a Fortune 50 CIO and then a multi-industry CEO. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and author.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283