If you desire a winning mentality that takes your mindset to where it needs to be, you need to change your perception of your reality. So much of our lives are predicated on the lens through which we view life. Our perception impacts how we view, comprehend, analyze, reflect, and interact with the world around us.
I have no idea how so many of you could put yourself in a position where you view everything in a negative light. I’m really hoping that this podcast is the podcast that inspires you to implement the five steps I laid out in the episode and put them to use to change your perspective, create a winner’s mindset, and better your reality.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
When You Change Your Perception, You Can Better Your Reality
Let’s examine quotes from three famous creators to illustrate the power of perception.
“Perception precedes reality.”- Andy Warhol.
“All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” – Leonardo da Vinci.
“To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey.
As these quotes demonstrate, perception is extremely important in how you lead your life. Your perception is what becomes your reality; there is no doubt about that. Your reality changes as constantly as your thoughts. That is why when you change your perception, it can alter the life you are living. Visualizing happiness and your future self only takes a few minutes a day. Today’s episode will explore the following topics:
- Why perception is the lens through which we view life
- Story of two twin brothers and how perception influenced each differently
- What influences perception?
- How self-identity impacts how you change your perspective
- Five Steps to change your perception for the better
- By Changing Your Perception, You Can Reshape Your Reality
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss How You Change Your Perception
- Do you believe in the power of perception?
- What did you take away from the story of the twin boys?
- When you change your perception, how does it change your reality?
- What happened to Rachel Hollis when she changed her perception?
- How is your perception formed?
- Which of the five steps to change your perception will you implement first?
- How can you apply the episode to your life?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, Dry Farm Wines, For Sponsoring
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines, which Have No Chemical Additives for Aroma, Color, Flavor, or Texture Enhancement. Dry Farm Wines – The Only Natural Wine Club That Goes Above and Beyond Industry Standards. For Passion Struck listeners: Dry Farm Wines offers an extra bottle in your first box for a penny (because it’s alcohol, it can’t be free). See all the details and collect your wine at https://www.dryfarmwines.com/passionstruck/.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
Thank You, Policygenius, For Sponsoring
Policygenius provides free quotes tailored to your needs with support from licensed agents, helping you get insurance coverage fast so you can get on with life.
Save 50% or more on life insurance at https://www.policygenius.com/.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Transcript from the episode: https://johnrmiles.com/5-steps-to-change-your-perception/
- Purchase Dr. Marisa Franco’s Book Platonic: How the Science of Attachment Can Help You Make–and Keep Friends: https://amzn.to/3f5NoHP (Amazon Link)
- Purchase Dr. Jay Van Bavel’s book The Power of Us: Harnessing Our Shared Identities to Improve Performance, Increase Cooperation, and Promote Social Harmony: https://amzn.to/3R1Vfn3 (Amazon Link)
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My interview with Scott Barry Kaufman and Jordyn Feingold: https://passionstruck.com/jordyn-feingold-scott-barry-kaufman-chose-growth/
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Ayelet Fishbach, a professor at the Booth School of Business University of Chicago, on how to get it done, the science of motivation: https://passionstruck.com/ayelet-fishbach-get-it-done-find-the-fun-path/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder of PASSION STRUCK®, the first of its kind company, focused on impacting real change by teaching people how to live Intentionally. He is on a mission to help people live a no-regrets life that exalts their victories and lets them know they matter in the world. For over two decades, he built his own career applying his research of passion-struck leadership, first becoming a Fortune 50 CIO and then a multi-industry CEO. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and author.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283