Ever wondered how successful business leaders constantly re-invent themselves? And, how they emerge even stronger after every crisis? In today’s show, we have Hugh Campbell, a five-time serial entrepreneur and founder, AC4S Technologies who shares his wisdom on growth, innovation, and integrity. You will learn how Hugh went from being a West Point graduate to successfully running a half-a-billion-dollar business.
After graduating from Military Academy at West Point, Hugh worked at a data-communications company, Intermedia Communications for a bit. He soon found VC backing and ventured out on his own with Accelacom, Inc. – a high-speed internet company.
This business really took off, and ironically, Hugh became a victim of his own success. Eager to cash out, the VC’s sold off the business in bits and pieces and Hugh was forced to reinvent himself yet again.
Wanting great autonomy after this bittersweet experience, Hugh founded the cloud-solution company, AC4S technologies. In this segment of the show, you will learn the importance of looking forward, taking calculated risks, and surrounding yourself with trusted advisors. Particularly, Hugh talks about the watershed moment in his career after which AC4S Technologies really took off.
We also have a heartfelt discussion on the importance of integrity. With reference to the recent cheating scandal at West Point, both Hugh and John share their thoughts on conducting your personal and professional life with the utmost integrity.
As the CEO of the Council of Tampa Bay, Hugh also shares how he is helping create a safe space for CEO’s so that they can share their challenges and struggles with their like-minded counterparts.
Towards the end, we have some excellent advice for young people who are on the cusp of their professional life. Enjoy!
What You Will Learn In This Show
- The importance of conducting yourself with the utmost integrity
- How to face challenges head-on and constantly reinvent yourself
- The importance of taking calculated risks for catapulting ahead of the competition
- How great communication can help you achieve a good work-life balance
- And so much more…
Questions That I Ask In This Show
- How did you go from attending West Point to building a half-a-billion-dollar company?
- How has the honor code affected you professionally?
- What are your thoughts on the recent cheating scandal at West Point?
- What are some of the biggest fears that you have had to overcome as you evolved yourself again and again?
- What are some words of wisdom that you will give to your 25-year-old self?
- What is the importance of patience?
- How do you achieve a good work-life balance?
- Are there any red flag mechanisms that are helping you face your current reality?
- What advice would you give veterans who are transitioning out and entering civilian life?
“I do not want to be part of any organization that is ever questioned about its integrity”.
“In every crisis, there is an opportunity”.
“Do not be afraid of change. Go out and attack and be passionate about the next thing”.
“Strong, positive leadership is the thing that can make a world of difference”.
“You got to look at the subtle red flags and the big ones to recognize what is going on”.