Kate Eckman (@kateeckman) is a keynote speaker, author, leadership development, and performance coach. Kate has interviewed some of the world’s most prominent newsmakers as a broadcast journalist, from President Barack Obama to Angelina Jolie; serving as the face of multiple global beauty brands as a TV presenter and personality, and working for some of the biggest names in the fashion industry as a professional model.
Her book, The Full Spirit Workout, has garnered widespread accolades and is available at all major booksellers. John R Miles sits down with Kate on the Passion Struck podcast to discuss why you are powerful enough to do anything you set your mind to accomplish.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Tuesday and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
What I Discuss With Kate Eckman About Why Your Are Powerful Enough
- How she became an academic All-American swimmer at Penn State University and what that experience taught her.
- When we take care of our inner world, our outer world takes care of itself.
- How to shed one’s inner baggage.
- What it was like to interview President Obama, Angelie Jolie, and other celebrities.
- The important lesson she learned about Tom Cruise and character.
- Her focus on suicide prevention and why her book, The Full Spirit Workout, is dedicated to two of her close friends Sam and Raf.
- The ten steps she outlines in her book with a focus on Chapter One: Stretch Your Comfort Zone.
- How to create a winning game plan for life.
- Why it is so important to ditch superficial for granular.
- Why she is doubling down on being intentional.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- And much more…
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
- SURF SHARK. Get 83% off Surf Shark VPN and three extra months free https://surfshark.deals/passionstruck; use the promo code passionstruck.
- COINBASE: For a limited time, new users can get $10 in free Bitcoin when you sign up today at https://Coinbase.com/PASSIONSTRUCK
- PODBEAN: Head on over to Podbean at www.podbean.com and use the code PODCAST21 for your first thirty days of podcast hosting for free.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
More About This Show You Are Powerful Enough With Kate Eckman
I spoke to Kate Exckam about how she helps people overcome their inner baggage.
Kate explains, “That’s the million-dollar question. But I think it starts with first admitting that you have some inner baggage and self-awareness. A great practice to take you there is something that is very foreign to a lot of people. I call it my sit and stare practice. And you do exactly what it says. You sit and you stare out the window, or you stare straight ahead. But you do this by yourself, with all the distractions off.
And when you do this, this great thing happens where you start listening to your inner voice. I call it body spirit, wisdom universe, or divine intelligence. It doesn’t matter what you call it, but you start hearing those inspirational messages, which I think are the truth, rather than your ego-mind that says, why are you even doing this? This practice doesn’t work. Why did you say that dumb thing in the meeting? You’re not good enough. You’re not pretty enough. You’re not keeping up with Sally on Instagram etc.
That’s the ego, and we’re tunning all of that out when you really get quiet with yourself. There’s a beautiful quote by philosopher Blaise Pascal that says, “all of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” Wow. And think of how infrequently people of all ages, creeds, and races sit quietly in a room by themselves for longer than two seconds. Never.
So I invite everyone to start with this practice. Because when you get more in tune with the truth with your inner wisdom, if you believe in God in a higher power, getting connected to that source in a meaningful way. A great place to do that is in nature. But just shutting everything down and tuning in to yourself.
It sounds scary. I will say, though, I do this in my keynotes, and I invite audiences to do this just for one minute. And the first time I did it, I thought, Oh, people are not going to be into this. They’re going to believe what is this lady talking about? It blows my mind every time that audiences, whether it’s 30 people or 300 people or 3000 people, the room is silent. And you hear a pin drop. It demonstrates how desperate we all are for some downtime for our brains and our hearts to relax and listen and just be.
Thanks, Kate Eckman!
If you enjoyed this session with Kate Eckman, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Instagram:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
- 0:00 Introduction to Kate and New Programs
- 3:32 Coinbase, Surfshark, PodBean
- 6:35 Kate Eckman’s division 1 athletic journey
- 8:27 Why you are powerful enough
- 11:12 Becoming a suicide prevention awareness activist
- 14:51 Be courageous enough to admit we don’t have it all together
- 17:21 How does one shed their inner baggage?
- 19:53 How to become our authentic self
- 23:50 Interviewing the biggest stars and celebrities
- 26:04 Why Passion struck is disrupting the status quo
- 28:54 The full spirit workout concept and overview
- 31:16 Getting out of your comfort zone
- 33:20 Tricks of the book publishing industry
- 39:06 How to create a winning game plan for life
- 43:44 Lightning round of questions
- 48:12 Conclusion and synthesis
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. ItIt’sust one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Website: https://www.kateeckman.tv/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kateeckman/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/kateeckman
* YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/1kateeckman
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kateeckman/
The Full Spirit Workout by Kate Eckman
Check out John’s episode on the science that promotes Curiosity. Catch up with Episode 114.
Are you showing yourself self-compassion? John discusses Self-Love in episode 104.
Is the Hustle Culture is Making You Miserable? John explores this in-depth in Episode 70.
Suppose you missed our interview with IFBB Pro Hannah Ranfranz on leading with heart! You can catch up by downloading it here.
Catch the episode I did with Jeff Walker on the criticality of systems change. You can find the episode here.
About this Episode’s Guest Kate Eckman
Kate comes from a long line of high-achievers — a family that values training, education, achievement, and top performance.
As a competitive swimmer for 17 years, she internalized a strong work ethic and the value of focused discipline. Working as a professional model, she was challenged to develop new tools for strengthening her self-confidence and sense of self-worth. And as a broadcast journalist and international TV personality, she experienced what it took to perform at the highest level at all times and to be an exceptional team player.
Along the way, she (an extrovert) discovered the value of turning inward. She studied mindfulness practices and became a passionate advocate of their benefits for both brain and body health.
FOLLOW JOHN ON THE SOCIALS
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://passionstruck.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. A show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the woworld’sighest achievers to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JoJohn’satest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022. Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com.