Imagine what you could accomplish if you believed that nothing was out of reach. That your future is built around limitless opportunity rather than by a fixed mindset. But how do you overcome your self-limiting beliefs?
Our careers and lives are often derailed by self-limiting beliefs that we are stuck where we are in life in a fixed state. Self-limiting beliefs are negative self-perceptions that we create around our past experiences, trauma we may have experienced, or just comments from others that live in our subconscious and consciousness.
In this Momentum Friday episode of the Passion Struck podcast, John R. Miles discusses how our limits result from the mindset that we choose to live and act by. Often we develop self-limiting beliefs that are not real and only exist in our minds. John provides the examples of Michael Jordan and John Bassinger to illustrate those who pushed past their limits and explores this through the lens of Dr. Carol Dweck’s work on mindset.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Momentum Friday, John Discusses How to Overcome Your Self-Limiting Beliefs By Building a Growth Mindset:
- Exploring the deeper issues that define self-limiting beliefs..
- John provides examples of John Bassinger and Michael Jordan to illustrate visible examples of those who pushed past their self-limiting beliefs to a growth mindset.
- He explores the ground-breaking work of Dr. Carol Dweck in her book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success.
- The importance of managing your mindset and how it can cause self-limiting beliefs.
- How you can implement a growth mindset in your life and create a life of intentionality.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:22 The Importance of Managing Your Mindset
- 4:15 Push Beyond Your Self-Imposed Limits
- 5:09 Applying Dr. Carol Dweck’s guidance
- 9:35 How Michael Jordan overcame a fixed mindset
- 11:05 See things in a new way
- 12:37 How will you seek to change?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Instead of membership fees or paywalls, we use advertising to keep The Passion Struck Podcast free for all listeners. Every time you click a sponsored link or use a coupon code, you’re helping grow the show and our goal of helping people worldwide regain their passion and live a no regrets life.
Have You Tried Talkspace?
Talkspace: The online therapy company that believes that therapy should be affordable, confidential, and convenient. Join over 500,000 people who have used Talkspace for online treatment with their licensed therapist. Get $100 off your first month when you visit talkspace.com and use promo code PASSIONSTRUCK at sign-up.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON SELF-LIMITING BELIEFS AND CREATING A GROWTH MINDSET
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
*The 5 am Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
*Unhindered. The Seven Essential Practices for Overcoming Insecurity
Check out John’s past episode on how to avoid living a pinball life. Catch up with Episode 25.
Are you having trouble prioritizing your time? John discusses the I Don’t Have Time Syndrome in Episode 27.
Is the Hustle Culture is Making You Miserable? John explores this in-depth in Episode 70.
Suppose you missed our interview with Clinical Psychologist Rubin Khoddam on the importance of holistic mental healthcare. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a globally recognized high-performance coach, life and business strategist, military veteran, and one of the most-watched quoted and followed personal growth trainers globally. John is a highly sought-after speaker, coach, author and makes frequent media appearances to discuss how to transition from being passion struck to becoming PASSION STRUCK! He is passionate about being the catalyst who helps individuals expand into the most excellent version of themselves, unlocking the most legendary life possible.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck