John R. Miles – Eight ways to stop making excuses to unlock an intentional life. Brought to you by Indeed. Receive a $75 credit at: https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck.
People often ask me, ‘How does making excuses impact intentional purpose-driven change in life?’
In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” As cruel as that sounds, Franklin’s words are closer to reality than we think. Until we stop making excuses, we will encounter consequences to living our lives with focus, purpose, and intentionality.
Hear the secrets and philosophy of the World’s GREATEST high achievers every Monday and Thursday, and tune in each week for an inspirational Momentum Friday solo message.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us to thank you personally!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
In This Week’s Momentum Friday Episode, John R. Miles Explores Why We Must Stop Making Excuses and Take Responsibility For Our Actions.
If you discovered this episode of Passion Struck, you might find yourself making excuses. Perhaps you have a colleague, friend, or partner who makes excuses, and you wonder why. I will be taking an in-depth look into why we make excuses, how to recognize we are making them, the consequences when we don’t stop making excuses, and eight techniques to help you go after your dreams. I will use the story of actress Winona Ryder to showcase the consequences of excuses and how they impact our lives.
- The ramifications of our choices
- How excuses impacted Winona Ryders’ Career
- The three reasons people make excuses
- What are the consequences of excuses?
- 8 techniques to stop making excuses
- Why making excuses prevents us from living intentionally
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss This Episode
- Why do so many people make excuses for their actions?
- What are the consequences when we don’t stop making excuses?
- What did you learn from the story of Winona Ryder?
- Why do you make excuses?
- What are the consequences of the excuses you make?
- What is one way you will start addressing your excuses following this episode?
- How can you apply the episode to your life?
- How will you approach how you stop making excuses in the future?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
Thank You, Indeed, For Sponsoring
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Indeed where you can search for millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career. With tools for job search, resumes, company reviews, and more. Head to https://www.indeed.com/passionstruck, where you can receive a $75 credit to attract, interview, and hire in one place./www.gusto.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. To find your old favorites, you can also browse starter packs for existing listeners. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show On 8 Ways To Stop Making Excuses
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
* Interested in reading the transcript for the episode? Check it out: https://johnrmiles.com/if-you-want-remarkable-life-stop-chasing-normal-one/
Purchase No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
* My interview with Ari Wallach on his new book Longpath and how we unlock our purpose for something greater than ourselves: https://passionstruck.com/ari-wallach-on-unlock-your-purpose-longpath/
* My interview with Ayelet Fishbach, a professor at the Booth School of Business University of Chicago, on how to get it done, the science of motivation: https://passionstruck.com/ayelet-fishbach-get-it-done-find-the-fun-path/
* My interview with Astronaut Wendy Lawrence on why you must permit yourself to dream the dream: https://passionstruck.com/how-to-dream-the-dream-you-want/
My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
My interview with Astronaut Chris Cassidy on the importance of being present in the moment: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/astronaut-chris-cassidy-on-the-importance-in-life/id1553279283?i=1000521263914
* Listen to my solo episode on how you overcome the culture of exceptionalism: https://passionstruck.com/how-do-you-overcome-culture-of-exceptionalism/
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is the CEO, and Founder of PASSION STRUCK®, the first of its kind company, focused on impacting real change by teaching people how to live Intentionally. He is on a mission to help people live a no-regrets life that exalts their victories and lets them know they matter in the world. For over two decades, he built his own career applying his research of passion struck leadership, first becoming a Fortune 50 CIO and then a multi-industry CEO. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and author.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck