In today’s Momentum Friday Passion Struck podcast episode, I tackle digital addiction and five ways that you can break free from it. Brought to you by BiOptimizers (Get 10% off at https://magbreakthrough.com/passionstruck) and Inside Tracker (get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store at https://www.insidetracker.com/passionstruck).
We are immersed in an era of smartphone obsession and digital addiction. I hear it all the time: “I can’t live without my smartphone,” or “I feel apprehensive when I’m not able to check my messages,” or “If I’m not on social media, I fear I’m missing out.”
Not surprisingly, research reveals that too much technology use diminishes our physiological and physical health, human connection, our work performance and is destroying our relationships.
Short of throwing your device away, how can you learn to build better habits around technology — keeping its benefits while minimizing the adverse effects?
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Listen Notes, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube below.
What I Discuss In This Episode On 5 Ways to Break Free from Digital Addiction
In today’s episode, I explore why smartphones are killing conversations and human-to-human connections we need to feel fulfilled. I’ll start by talking about a personal experience I had earlier today. I will then discuss why smartphones are negatively impacting our connections and provide five ways that you can break free from digital addiction.
- Smartphones are helpful when correctly used.
- The Elevator exercise
- Put down your phone and talk to a person
- What is phubbing, and what is its impact?
- How do smartphones affect human connection?
- Digital addiction quiz
- Five proven ways to break smartphone addiction
- Recognizing what truly matters to you
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles
Questions For You And Your Friends Or Family Members To Discuss Digital Addiction
- How did you respond to the elevator exercise?
- How do smartphones impact human connection?
- What was your score on the digital addiction quiz?
- Which of the five ways of breaking free from digital addiction will you try?
- What are the benefits of lessening phone use?
- How can you apply the episode to your life?
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals.
Thank You, BiOptimizers and InsideTracker, For Sponsoring
This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by BiOptimizers who has one mission: to help humans shift from a sick, unhealthy condition into a peak biologically optimized state. Their Magnesium Breakthrough supplement is the only product in the market with all seven types of magnesium. And it’s specially formulated to reach every tissue in your body to provide maximum health benefits. Get 10% off at https://magbreakthrough.com/passionstruck.
*Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck.
This episode of Passion Struck is also brought to you by InsideTracker, the ultra-personalized nutrition system that compiles data from DNA tests, blood samples, reported lifestyle, and nutrition. Personal health analysis and data-driven wellness guide designed to help you live healthier and longer.Get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store at https://www.insidetracker.com/passionstruck.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews everyday heroes from all walks of life. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
Resources From The Show
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- My interview with Rachel Hollis: https://passionstruck.com/rachel-hollis-becoming-your-best-self/
- My solo episode about how your environment influences who you become: https://passionstruck.com/how-your-environment-influences-who-you-become/
- My solo episode on why your brain dictates your reality: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-brain-dictates-your-reality/
- My interview with Katy Milkman, Ph.D. on how to create lasting behavior change: https://passionstruck.com/katy-milkman-behavior-change-for-good/
- My solo episode on why micro choices matter: https://passionstruck.com/why-your-micro-choices-determine-your-life/
Follow John R. Miles On The Socials
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/johnrmiles.c0m
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/milesjohn/
* Blog: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/passion_struck_podcast/
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is also a prolific public speaker, venture capitalist, and author named to the ComputerWorld Top 100 IT Leaders.
John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast. The show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s most inspiring people to learn their lessons to living intentionally. Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact.
Stay tuned for JJohn’slatest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
Learn more about me: https://johnrmiles.com