At some point in our lives, we’ve all had times when we felt inadequate and imperfect about ourselves, whether due to a physical flaw or how we perceive ourselves. And the majority of the things we are doing to try to raise our self-esteem are entirely incorrect. Therefore, understanding how to create healthy esteem is critical to finding inner peace.
“It is fine to be who you are. It is a good thing not to be just like everybody else. What makes you unique is what makes you beautiful, because it’s what makes you you. And the world needs you, exactly as you are. That’s the truth, plain and simple.”Lizzie Velásquez
However, by recognizing that we always have the freedom and power to choose how situations in life will affect us, we can rise above challenges and build healthy esteem and self-love for ourselves. Whenever we have the self-confidence to solve issues on the inside, we set ourselves up for success.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Let’s dive in!
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores The Ten Keys to Healthy Esteem
- I tell the inspiring story of Lizzie Velasquez and her journey to building self-confidence and self-esteem.
- I user Lizzie’s account to illutrate how to manifest healthy esteem and the steps she took.
- I provide ten keys to rise above negativity and build healthy esteem for yourself.
- Be self-aware and use positive affirmations
- Stop being a perfectionist
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Take proper care of your health
- Find the purpose in your pain
- Improve your mind
- Seek support to boost self-esteem
- Be kind to others
- Be strong in your spiritual health
- Live with gratitude
- I discuss how you can apply this lesson and create healthy esteem in your own life.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
- SURF SHARK. Get 83% off Surf Shark VPN and three extra months free https://surfshark.deals/passionstruck; use the promo code passionstruck.
- COINBASE: For a limited time, new users can get $10 in free Bitcoin when you sign up today at https://Coinbase.com/PASSIONSTRUCK
- PODBEAN: Head on over to Podbean at www.podbean.com and use the code PODCAST21 for your first thirty days of podcast hosting for free.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
- 0:00 Introducing self-esteem
- 2:54 Podbean, Surf Shark, Coinbase
- 5:19 The Story of Lizzie Velasquez
- 10:20 Building healthy esteem
- 11:21 Be self-aware and use positive affirmations
- 12:12 Stop being a perfectionist
- 13:12 Don’t compare yourself to others \
- 13:45 Take proper care of your health
- 14:11 Find the purpose in your pain
- 14:49 Improve your mind
- 15:06 Seek support
- 15:31 Be kind to others
- 15:57 Be strong in your spiritual health
- 16:20 Live with gratitude
- 16:40 Conclusion and Synthesis
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON THE KEYS TO HEALTHY ESTEEM
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Dare to Be Kind by Lizzie Velasquez
Be Beautiful, Be You by Lizzie Velasquez
The Healthy Mind Toolkit by Alice Boyes
Stress-Free Productivity by Alice Boyes
Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses where you invest your love; you invest your life in Episode 104
John explains how your environment influences who you become in episode 102.
Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content.
John is also a prolific public speaker, author, and was named to the ComputerWorld Premier 100 IT Leaders. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn thJohn’sssons to living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283