We all learn differently and understanding the science of learning helps us all uniquely learn better. And the more we know, the easier it is to learn and understand new things regardless of your profession. | Brought to you by Grammarly (https://grammarly.com/passionstruck) and Raycon (https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck).
The science of learning is the ongoing process of information retention over time. Because our memory makes up the very framework through which we make sense of and take action within the present, its importance goes without saying. But how exactly does it work?
I use the unique story of Dr. Siddharth Warrier to illustrate how we learn and why lifelong learning is so important. To read further about today’s episode, please read the article I wrote about this episode.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores the Science of Learning
- Why are we as humans built to be the ultimate learning machine?
- What it takes to learn: the Dr. Siddharth Warrier story
- What does the science of learning entail?
- The three aspects of the neuroscience of learning
- The two different types of memory
- How does the brain learn new information?
- How do you help others to learn better?
- Can stress facilitate learning?
- The science of learning principles and how to apply them
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
- This episode of Passion Struck with John R. Miles is brought to you by Grammarly. Level up your writing with advanced suggestions on grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and style. Get 20% off premium at https://grammarly.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
- This episode is also sponsored by Raycon. Raycon is a wireless audio brand that enables inspirational audio experiences. With an unapologetic willingness to shatter industry norms and a cost that is half of its competitors. Get 15% at https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON THE SCIENCE OF LEARNING
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
- Check out my interview with Susan Cain.
- Learning How to Learn: How to Succeed in School Without Spending All Your Time Studying; A Guide for Kids and Teens by Barbara Oakley
- The New Science of Learning: How to Learn in Harmony With Your Brain.
- Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses the importance of self-love in Episode 104.
- John explains why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
- Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
- Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
- How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content. John is the host of the highly popular podcast Passion Struck with John R. Miles.
John is also a prolific public speaker and author. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn the lessons of living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in the summer of 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck