We will inevitably face adversity and hardships in our lives. This could be something small, such as not making a sports team, a significant setback, such as not paying our bills, or a traumatic event such as being in a car accident. It is overcoming this adversity that unlocks the incredible power of being resilient.
Research indicates that while some people can overcome terrible obstacles and flourish, others simply cannot and may even struggle to get out of bed. It is those who achieve success in life that can navigate roadblocks that may stop others completely. As Walt Disney once said, “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
In this episode of the Passion Struck podcast, John R. Miles breaks down how our lives are a continuous sequence of small and large obstacles. As soon as one event is under control, another one hits you. It is how you deal with those events that bring some people success and others despair. It is inevitable that no matter how smart or careful you may be, life throws challenges, trauma, difficulties, and other situations our way. It is how you react to them that defines you.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Momentum Friday, John Discusses The Power of Being Resilient:
- What it really means to be resilient and how being resilient is really about accepting ourselves and being comfortable with who we are.
- That resilience isn’t about strength, it is more about about building adaptability to how we react to situations.
- The concept of post-traumatic growth and why it is so important that we grow through challenging and stressful circumstances.
- The reasons why some people are able to grow into being resilient while others struggle.
- and so much more!!!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Have You Tried Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens is a custom formulation of 75 vitamins, minerals, and other whole-food sourced ingredients that make it easier for you to maintain nutrition in just a single scoop. It tastes great and gets you the nutrients you need, whether you’re working on the go, fueling an active lifestyle, or just maintaining your good health. Visit https://athleticgreens.com/passionstruck to get a FREE year supply of Liquid Vitamin D + 5 FREE Travel Packs with the subscription.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. For existing listeners, you can also browse starter packs to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW THAT WILL ASSIST YOU IN YOUR PURSUIT OF PLAY AS AN ADULT
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*How to Ask for Advice: https://youtu.be/EAbe2LweM90
*The Power of Choice: https://youtu.be/Btipq-S07Eg
*The Boulder Crest Foundation Helping Veterans and First Responders with post-traumatic growth.
Miss our interview with Shawn Springs, a former NFL Pro Bowl Cornerback and CEO of Windpact? Catch up with episode 73: Shawn Springs | How to Stay Grounded in Life!
Suppose you missed our interview with Astronaut Kayla Barron who is preparing for her maiden voyage to the International Space Station on October 31, 2021. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283