Over the course of inventing the lightbulb, Thomas Edison failed over ten thousand times. Yet, instead of looking at this adversity as “failure,” he found a way to rise up and keep going. All of these “failures,” where steps along the path to him achieving his goal. It was the ways to build resilience that he mastered that allowed him to create one of the most important inventions in the 20th century.
Can you imagine what things would be like today if Edison had not risen up to the challenge and faced failure in the face? His story is a great lens for examing our own lives – when face with adversity can we muster the resilience to see it as a grwoth opportunity? Or do we let adversity stop our aspirations?
In this episode of the Passion Struck podcast, John R. Miles reveals the most important ways we can develop resilience and learn to use pain for positive growth. Whether you struggle with resilience or not, this podcast will serve you.
You’ll learn the ways to build resilience and how we can build a stronger legacy on the foundation of struggle. Miles offers practical steps and encouraging insight backed by science on how you can overcome adversity.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Momentum Friday, John Discusses six ways to build resilience:
- The feeling of being consumed by past trauma and how that has a profound negative impact on living our dreams.
- How you can rebound from adversity and build reslience because it’s a behaviour we can learn.
- Why it is essential that we don’t consider adversity a permanent condition and embrace the fact that it will not last.
- How social support is often overlooked as being one of the primary ways to overcome adversity and build resilience.
- Why after suffering a traumatic experience it is so vital to focus on our physical and mental health.
- and so much more!!!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. For existing listeners, you can also browse starter packs to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW THAT WILL ASSIST YOU IN YOUR PURSUIT OF PLAY AS AN ADULT
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*How to Ask for Advice: https://youtu.be/EAbe2LweM90
*The Power of Choice: https://youtu.be/Btipq-S07Eg
Miss John’s episode on the incredible power of being resilient. Catch up with Episode 76.
Suppose you missed our interview with Astronaut Kayla Barron who is preparing for her maiden voyage to the International Space Station in November, 2021. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a globally recognized high performance coach, life and business strategist, military veteran, and one of the most-watched, quoted, and followed personal growth trainers globally. John is a highly sought-after speaker, coach, author, and makes frequent media appearances to discuss how to transition from being passion struck to becoming PASSION STRUCK! He is passionate about being the catalyst who helps individuals expand into the greatest version of themselves, unlocking the most legendary life possible.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283