The majority of the novel discoveries and incredible innovations throughout history, from the printing press to airplanes to landing on the moon, all have something in common: They are the result of curiosity.
Walt Disney once said, “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
By taking good note of the points mentioned in this podcast and acting on them, you will be able to reach heights you never thought possible and achieve things you never dared to imagine before. So, go ahead and explore all the world has to offer.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Let’s dive in!
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores the Role of Curiosity in influencing our Thoughts and Behavior
- I use a fable of Odd George to illustrate the birth of curiosity into the world with the invention of fire.
- I discuss why the instinct to pursue new knowledge and adventures and explore untried possibilities is a fundamental human characteristic vital to our personal development.
- How when our curiosity is activated, we think more profoundly and rationally about decisions and develop more creative solutions.
- The science behind curiosity.
- What are the eight traits of curious people?
- What are the eight advantages of being curious?
- Six ways we can create curiosity in our own life.
- How to apply this in our life and desire to be Passion Struck.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
Athletic Greens: Get a free one year supply of Vitamin D3/K2 and five travel packs at https://www.athleticgreens.com/passionstruck
Raycon: Wave 15% on Raycons at https://buyraycon.com/passionstruck
Grammarly: Get 20% off premium at https://www.grammarly.com/PASSIONSTRUCK
Podbean: Head on over to Podbean at www.podbean.com and use the code PODCAST21 for your first thirty days of podcast hosting for free.
Passion Struck Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
- 0:00 Introduction to curiosity
- 1:57 Raycon and Grammarly
- 5:19 The story of the village of Naive Hill
- 9:23 Podbean and Grammarly
- 11:21 The science of curiosity
- 12:15 Why is curiosity tied to success?
- 15:00 What are the eight traits of curious people?
- 15:30 Eight ways to develop curiosity
- 16:16 Six benefits of curiosity
- 17:15 How curiosity changes our beliefs
- 18:28 Conclusion and Synthesis
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON CREATING A REWARDING LIFE THROUGH SHARED EXPERIENCES
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
The Corner Office by Adam Bryant
Best Self by Mike Bayer
The Power of Curiosity by Kathy Taberner and Kirsten Siggins
Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? John discusses where you invest your love; you invest your life in Episode 104
John explains how your environment influences who you become in episode 102.
Do you know the science of healthy habits? John explores this in-depth in Episode 108.
Suppose you missed our interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content.
John is also a prolific public speaker, author, and was named to the ComputerWorld Premier 100 IT Leaders. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn thJohn’sssons to living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck