Today Barbara Corcoran is a TV personality on Shark Tank, runs a $5 billion real-estate company, and is an author and entrepreneur coach. But, her life didn’t start with true success. In this episode of the Passion Struck Podcast I explore how you can achieve great things by defining success on your terms.
All around us, people talk about true success all the time and the repercussions of what it is and how it is achieved weigh heavily in society today. These definitions are thrust on us by how others perceive our success and how we define it for ourselves. As I’ve discussed in previous episodes, many people define success in materialistic ways such as earning a degree, buying a house, a car, or a yacht. Others believe it is determined by their career, awards, accolades, and recognition. And some define success as getting married and having a family.
But have you ever thought that true success is doing the things you love when you want to do them and with whom you want to do them with? That is how to be successful in your life.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected] Let’s dive in!
In This Week’s Episode, John R. Miles Explores How to Create True Success
- I use Barbara Corcoran’s inspiring story to discuss the journey to creating true success.
- I explore if there is a wrong way to create true success?
- I discuss what is the meaning of true success and how can we define it for ourselves?
- I explain using a Harvard Business School methodology how you can measure true success?
- I then describe what actions you can take to achieve success?
- I go into why every ‘Rule for Creating True Success’ Is Worthless If You Don’t Master This One
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John R Miles on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Thank You To Our Sponsors: More Info At PassionStruck.Com/Deals
- TRADE COFFEE: Trade is offering new subscribers a total of $30 off your first order plus free shipping when you go to https://wwwdrinktrade.com/passionstruck.
- TEN THOUSAND: Ten Thousand is offering subscribers 15% off when you go to https://tenthousand.cc and use code PASSIONSTRUCK.
- CODA: Get started having your team all working together on the same page for FREE. Head over to https://www.coda.io/PASSIONSTRUCK.
- COINBASE: For a limited time, new users can get $10 in free Bitcoin when you sign up today at https://coinbase.com/PASSIONSTRUCK.
- Our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/passionstruck
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic, and we now have them also on Spotify. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON CREATING TRUE SUCCESS
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
True Meaning of Success Harvard Business Review Article
Unreasonable Success and How to Achieve It by Richard Koch
Are you having trouble prioritizing yourself? I discuss where you invest your love; you invest your life in Episode 104
I explain why materialism is impacting your success and happiness in episode 96.
Do you know the science of healthy habits? I explore this in-depth in Episode 108.
Suppose you missed my interview with Jen Bricker-Bauer on Everything is Possible. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
How do you strengthen your relationship with your best self? Explore episode 110.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of Passion Struck. This full-service media company helps people live intentionally by creating best-in-class educational and entertainment content.
John is also a prolific public speaker, author, and was named to the ComputerWorld Premier 100 IT Leaders. John is the host of the PassionStruckPodcast, a show focused on exploring the mindset and philosophy of the world’s highest achievers to learn thJohn’sssons to living intentionally.
Passion Struck aspires to speak to the humanity of people in a way that makes them want to live better, be better and impact. Stay tuned for John’s latest project, his upcoming book, which will be published in summer 2022.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283