Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine (@markdivine) sits down with John R Miles to talk about the secrets to living a life of excellence. Mark is the incredible host of the wildly popular Unbeatable Mind Podcast and the author of the Unbeatable Mind, Staring Down the Wolf, Way of the SEAL, 8 Weeks to SEALFIT, and KOKORO Yoga.
“For every mountain, you climb and plateau you rest at, there will be another and more interesting view ahead.”Mark Divine
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
What Does Living a Life of Excellence Mean?
Becoming passion-struck is all about living a life of excellence. When we set goals, overcome challenges, achieve breakthroughs, and face our fears, we make living rich and worthwhile. Living a life of excellence is both a process and the outcome of living to our full capabilities.
When we live to our full potential, we are the best we can be in every moment we encounter. It is setting out to do the best we can do in our pursuit of a passion-driven life.
What We Discuss With Mark Divine About His Path to Excellence
Thank you for listening to the Passion Struck podcast. In this powerful episode, John and Mark Divine discuss Mark’s unusual path to becoming a Navy SEAL. He explains the lessons he learned from BUDs and why he was given the nickname “Cyborg.” We go into the five developmental plateaus for you to traverse on your passion-struck journey as a leader. We also discuss the importance of mindfulness, discomfort, meditation, yoga, and martial arts in creating an unbeatable mind and the importance of agility and adaptability.
Most people think of mental strength when they imagine a Navy SEAL. They don’t expect the introspective yoga-innovating, joking, and laughing guru of leadership named Mark Divine. After starting as a CPA and working for Arthur Andersen, he switched careers and, at twenty-six, graduated as Honor Man (#1-ranked trainee) of SEAL BUD/S class number 170. Mark served for nine years total on active duty and eleven as a Reserve SEAL, retiring as Commander in 2011.
He entered a seven-year period of creativity where he started SEALFIT, a fitness company that prepared civilians for the physical AND mental/emotional demands of Navy SEAL-like lifestyle, co-founded the Coronado Brewing Company, built www.NavySEALs.com, the leading website for SEAL gear and information, and launched US Tactical, a government contracting business.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
Thanks, Mark Divine!
If you enjoyed this session with Mark Divine, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter or Instagram:
And if you want us to answer your questions or you have a topic you would like John to discuss on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
- 0:00 Mark Divine Show Teaser
- 1:25 Show Intro and Mark Divine background
- 4:26 How he got the name “Cyborg”
- 6:58 Mark’s journey to becoming a SEAL
- 18:07 Why no one can do it alone
- 26:20 Unleashing a 7 year period of creativity
- 32:46 How he created SEALFIT 38:31
- The unbeatable mind process for integrated development
- 39:40 The five plateaus of leadership development
- 50:38 Why you need to change your fundamentals
- 54:17 The Five Mountain training to creating a life of excellence
- 107:44 Agility vs Adaptability
QUOTES BY MARK DIVINE
ENGAGE MARK DIVINE
*Unbeatable Mind: https://unbeatablemind.com/
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
ABOUT JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283