Everyone dreams of success, and most want to have it in the quickest timeframe and by taking the easiest path. But success rarely, if ever, works in that linear fashion. We go through typical stages of pain in hardship to achieve ultimate success, and the rewards from doing so are so much higher when you do.
John R. Miles explains why you must endure pain to achieve success and the seven stages we cross in doing so. Through these stages, you learn to overcome adversity and achieve breakout results.
And in case you didn’t already know it, John R. Miles (@john_r_miles) takes your requests for topics on Momentum Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Momentum Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Passion Struck Podcast, John R. Miles Discusses the Seven Stages of Pain That Lead to Breakthrough Success
- Why most people just want to achieve success in life without any hardship or hurdles that must be crossed along the way.
- Why you acknowledge your achievements more when you encounter pain and overcome it to achieve success.
- The Seven Stages of Pain to Achieve Breakthrough Success
- The temptation to give up
- Facing failure
- Accepting responsibility
- Embracing rejection
- Enduring Criticism
- Encountering Discouragement
- How you can apply these stages to your growth journey and unlock success in your life.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]m!
- Connect with John on Twitter at @John_RMiles and Instagram at @John_R_Miles.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
- 0:00 Show Introduction
- 1:36 4x4x48 Challenge
- 4:55 Introducing the 7 stages of pain
- 7:05 Self-Doubt 8:20 Temptation to give up
- 10:41 Facing failure
- 12:21 Accepting responsibility
- 13:51 Embracing rejection
- 15:37 Enduring criticism
- 17:01 Encountering discouragement
- 18:10 Applying the lesson to your life
Please Scroll Down For Featured Resources
Instead of membership fees or paywalls, we use advertising to keep The Passion Struck Podcast free for all listeners. Every time you click a sponsored link or use a coupon code, you’re helping grow the show and our goal of helping people worldwide regain their passion and live a no regrets life.
Have You Tried NUTRAFOL?
80 Million Americans (both men and women) experience thinning hair. It’s common- even normal, but it’s not openly discussed, so going through it can feel lonely and frustrating. It’s time to change the conversation and join the thousands of people standing up for their strands with Nutrafol. You can grow thicker, healthier hair AND support our show by going to www.Nutrafol.com and using promo code PASSIONSTRUCK to save FIFTEEN DOLLARS OFF your first month’s subscription – this is their BEST OFFER available ANYWHERE, and it’s only available to US customers for a limited time.
New to the show? These Starter Packs are collections of our most popular episodes grouped by topic. You can also browse starter packs for existing listeners to find your old favorites. Every week, John interviews fascinating high achievers at the top of their game. Learn how to subscribe to the show and never miss a new episode and topic.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new YouTube platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles/.
RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW ON THE TRAP OF MATERIALISM
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Passion Struck podcast receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you so much for being so supportive!
*The High Price of Materialism by Tim Kasser
*The 5 am Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
* The American Paradox: Spiritual Hunger in an Age of Plenty by David G. Myers
Check out John’s past episode on stop being a visionary arsonist. Catch up with Episode 9.
Are you having trouble prioritizing your time? John discusses the I Don’t Have Time Syndrome in Episode 27.
Is the Hustle Culture is Making You Miserable? John explores this in-depth in Episode 70.
Suppose you missed our interview with Tuck Williams How to Keep Your Focus While Overcoming Adversity. Don’t panic! You can catch up by downloading it here.
About John R. Miles
John R. Miles is a globally recognized high-performance coach, life and business strategist, military veteran, and one of the most-watched quoted and followed personal growth trainers globally. John is a highly sought-after speaker, coach, author and makes frequent media appearances to discuss how to live intentionally by being our authentic self! He is passionate about being the catalyst who helps individuals expand into the most excellent version of themselves, unlocking the most legendary life possible.
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* About: https://johnrmiles.com/my-story/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/John_RMiles
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283
* Gear: https://www.zazzle.com/store/passion_struck