In this episode of the Passion Struck Podcast, John Miles interviews Sharon Guerin, also known as The Culinary Queen, about creating the life you want to live, facing your fears head-on, and the chance encounter that changed her life. In this discussion, Sharon shares the day she decided to stop helping others build their dreams and she decided to build her own.
Sharon has been cooking since the age of nine and she always harbored this secret desire to be a chef and have her own cooking show. But then life happened. At one point in time, Sharon was a single mother, working five jobs, struggling to take care of her five kids.
How Did Chef Sharon Guerin Unlock Her Hidden Potential?
In November 2017, at the age of 54, she decided to take a leap of faith and she quit her job as the staffing director of a health care agency.
As fate would have it, a chance encounter with Maria Maratelli opened up a world of opportunity for Sharon. They got talking, and Sharon confided in her aspirations to start her YouTube cooking channel.
Three days hence, as promised, Maria popped up at Sharon’s house to help shoot her first-ever YouTube video.
The rest, as they say, is history.
“How did things start falling in place all of a sudden for Sharon?”, you may ask.
Sharon’s success is no fluke.
Rather, it is the end result of taking some very intentional steps. You will learn how having Maria as a coach helped Sharon let go of the long-held beliefs that were holding her back.
Though extremely tough, you will also learn the importance of making your near and dear ones behave responsibly and with accountability. And last but not the least, John and Sharon emphasize how having your own tribe, your own mentors can help you tide over some of the most trying times.
What You Will Learn In This Show About Creating The Life You Want to Live
- Sharon Guerin’s life story and how she evolved into the culinary queen
- Using the Agile methodology to unlock your hidden potential
- How faith and positivity can help you realize your wildest dreams
- Letting go of the long-held beliefs that are holding you back
- And so much more…
Questions That I Ask Chef Sharon Guerin About Creating the Life You Want
- What was any significant moment that caused you to go on your passion journey?
- What was the origin story for your brand, The Culinary Queen?
- What are some of the biggest things that you and Maria worked on?
- Was it difficult for you to understand your self-identity?
- What is the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people?
- Why is it so hard for people to let go of beliefs that aren’t serving them anymore?
- Now that you have had your success, what is the aftermath? What does life look like today from the day you started?
- What is the secret to developing a winner’s mindset?
- And so much more about creating the life you want to live…
Sharon Guerin Quotes
Engage Sharon Guerin
Follow Passion Struck on Instagram