Just like “death and taxes,” conflict is inevitable! Why? Because no two individuals have the same needs and concerns. That is why it is essential to understand the 5 conflict resolution skills for healthy relationships.
In this powerful Momentum Friday Episode, John R. Miles discusses unhealthy vs. healthy conflict resolution and understanding the different conflict management styles.
Conflict, or more specifically, interpersonal conflict, is a fact of life and organizational life. It often emerges when people are stressed, for example, when there are changes on the horizon or when everyone is under pressure because of a looming deadline. However, conflict can also arise in relationships and situations outside work.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Friday inspirational message!
The Top 5 Conflict Resolution Skills
But there is a difference between healthy and unhealthy conflict. Without conflict, we don’t have robust relationships, create a future vision, and don’t move the needle. But unhealthy conflict ends up eating away at trust and shared values. That is why diplomacy is so important to bringing about healthy conflict management.
According to the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), used by human resource (HR) professionals worldwide, there are five major styles to resolve conflict—collaborating, competing, avoiding, accommodating, and compromising. Knowing when and how to use each style can help with conflict resolution and improve the working environment or interpersonal relationships.
Conflict Resolution Skills Show Notes
- How Dell produced unhealthy conflict
- Why conflict management is inevitable
- Explaining the 5 conflict resolution skills
- How conflict creates trust and shared values
Quotes by John R. Miles on Conflict Resolution Skills
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283