In this episode, John breaks down his 7 secrets to build mental strength. He describes how mental strength is having the capacity to deal with stressors, fears, pressures, obstacles, and life challenges, regardless of the circumstances that you find yourself in. It is understanding that you are so much more powerful than you realize you are.
Like this? Please subscribe, and join me on my new platform for peak performance, life coaching, and personal growth: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles.
Thank you for Watching the Passion Struck podcast. In this powerful Momentum Friday Episode, John R Miles discusses why mentally strong people can adapt to new ways of thinking while also being able to unlearn self-limiting beliefs and negative thought patterns that no longer serve them and are not relevant anymore.
“It takes discipline to focus only on high-value targets instead of giving in to the temptation of the low-hanging fruit life serves up daily.”Mark Divine
John recently did another interview with Travis Bell, who calls himself the bucket-list guy. And we talked about the concept of a reverse bucket list, a concept that I really love. Because when you do the reverse bucket list, what you are creating is a done list. It’s documenting all the things that you have already done in your life, which can be so powerful to your self-esteem and your self-confidence.
New Interviews with the World’s GREATEST high achievers will be posted every Tuesday with a Momentum Frida inspirational message!
Why Do the Secrets to Build Mental Strength Matter?
Rags to riches billionaires, war heroes, endurance athletes, and the like — people that often seem larger than life because of their extraordinary feats. It really makes you wonder, what’s that one common thing that sets them apart for so much success?
Some of these were born with no special privileges and had it even worse than most of us did; neither did they have any unique knowledge, abilities, or talents.
But one thing that each and every successful person has is their ability to effectively tackle and stay resilient in the face of fear, stressful circumstances, difficult emotions, doubts, and insecurities — It’s their mental strength. That is why it is so vital to understand the secrets to build mental strength.
7 Secrets to Build Mental Strength Show Notes
- 0:00 Show intro
- 2:52 What does it mean to have mental strength?
- 5:00 How do you become mentally strong?
- 5:49 Setting clear goals
- 8:00 Identify areas where you need to focus on yourself
- 10:26 Avoid the compare and despair trap
- 12:06 Practice self-gratitude
- 13:35 Set healthy boundaries
- 15:01 Surround yourself with positive influences
- 16:23 Practice self-kindness
- 17:37 Key Takeaways on becoming mentally strong
Quotes From John R. Miles on Building Mental Strength
ENGAGE WITH JOHN R. MILES
* Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnRMiles
* Leave a comment, 5-star rating (please!)
* Support me: https://johnrmiles.com
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/Milesjohnr
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Johnrmiles.c0m.
* Medium: https://medium.com/@JohnRMiles
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/john_r_miles
JOHN R. MILES
* Guides: https://johnrmiles.com/blog/
* Coaching: https://passionstruck.com/coaching/
*Subscribe to Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-passion-struck-podcast/id1553279283